Sr. Security Engineer - FinTech
- Cupertino, CA
Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
To serve its customers globally, Amazon operates businesses and technology platforms that handle some of the largest transaction volumes of any company on earth. The Finance Technology (FinTech) organization works with every part of Amazon to capture, compute, transact, and report their financial events. When a customer orders a banana slicer on Amazon.com in France, watches an episode of Mr. Robot on Prime Instant Video in the US, downloads an e-book on their Kindle from a beach in Brazil, or spins up a spot EC2 instance on AWS in China, they feed into a continuous petabyte-scale stream of global events moving through the company's technology ecosystem. We harness these data streams to pay Amazon's suppliers, bill our customers, enable financial analysis and planning, and to report our financial results at many different levels of aggregation to internal and external customers.
The FinTech Security (FinSec) team is responsible for the overall software and infrastructure security posture of the Finance Technology organization (FinTech). Our team works with development and systems engineering teams to design and build secure solutions, participate in and coordinate penetration testing activities, and generally solve security challenges at massive scale.
FinTech Security (FinSec) is looking for Security Engineers to secure critical Amazon financial applications and infrastructure used by hundreds of millions of customers every day. You will create design patterns, architectures, and tooling for engineering and operations teams and recruit and develop the next generation of security engineers, both within and beyond your team. You will help deliver secure solutions using the most advanced capabilities of AWS and invent, develop, and automate security tooling using modern security techniques. Tens of thousands of EC2 instances, hundreds of RDS databases, petabytes of data, and millions of lines of code await.
• 6+ years of progressive experience in a security-focused role.
• Experience with service-oriented architectures and web services security.
• Domain expertise in three or more CBK areas.
• Hands-on experience with security processes such as design review, threat modeling, risk analysis, and software testing.
• BA/BS in computer science, information security, related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT security effectiveness and consistency.
• Working knowledge of at-least one of the following languages Python, Ruby, Java, or C/C++.
• Excellent leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Results-oriented and self-motivated.
• Effective teacher and instructor, with experience developing and delivering training to security, technical, and business professionals.
• Excellent written communication skills, with a focus on translating technically complex security issues into simple, easy to understand concepts for business and technical leadership
• Information security professional certifications encouraged (SANS GIAC, CISSP, etc.)
• Experience architecting, securing, and operating Amazon Web Services.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top