Are you excited at the prospect of keeping millions of customers' data safe? Do you want to help secure applications by implementing cryptography at scale? Security is the #1 concern of customers moving to the cloud and the AWS Cryptography team is dedicated to providing the security features our customers need. We enable customers to confidently move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements. AWS Key Management Service and AWS CloudHSM provide encryption and key management services, AWS Certificate Manager handles the complexity of provisioning, deploying, and managing certificates, while AWS Payment services provide data security, cryptography, key management and connectivity services specific to the payments industry.
The AWS Crypto Tools team helps AWS customers protect their sensitive data inside and outside of the cloud by building and maintaining easy to use, secure, open source encryption tools and libraries. We are looking for an experienced security engineer with an interest in practical cryptography to join us in building the most secure and user-friendly tools available to help our customers protect their data and accelerate use of cryptography in all AWS services.
You should have experience securing scalable, customer-centric systems and a passion for designing secure software solutions. Along with senior leaders, principal engineers, and security specialists you will drive cryptographic best practices across our service teams as they utilize cryptographic tools and libraries to raise the bar on security for all our services.
Your responsibilities include:
• Owning the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, testing, implementing, and supporting encryption tools and libraries
• Delivering foundational libraries to be used inside and outside Amazon.
• Contributing to open source projects, including the AWS Encryption SDK, the DynamoDB Encryption Client
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with any combination of the following: mobile security, threat modeling experience, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, system administration and network security
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with other security engineers and developers to deliver complex projects
• Strong and creative problem solving abilities
• Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
• Knowledge and experience working with payments processing applications
• Experience architecting highly resilient, performant systems.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and working through detail discovery.
• Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
• Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
• Distributed systems experience
• Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals
• Experience with large scale systems
• Knowledge and experience with Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs), Hardware Security Modules, or other cryptographic hardware
• Knowledge and experience working with PCI standards/specifications, EMVCo standards, key distribution processes involving payment terminals, and/or payment HSMs is a big plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.