Sr. Security Engineer
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security team is looking for a Security Engineer with a strong passion for utilizing big data to achieve security-at-scale.
You will develop a broad and deep understanding of the overall AWS security posture, work closely with AWS Security and AWS service teams to identify security issues, and use your security insight to relentlessly drive incremental improvements to the AWS security posture through data analysis and engineering of custom data platforms. You will not only help build and maintain various data platforms, but you will utilize these platforms to analyze heaps of data and detect anomalous activity, alert and automate deep into the response process. You will push systems to the edge of their scalability limits and find ways to exceed perceived performance limitations.
The AWS IT Security team is responsible for the security and availability of all of the services offered by AWS, including EC2, S3, EMR, Redshift, Dynamo DB, and more than 40 others. This is a high visibility team that solves security challenges at a massive scale.
If you only drink from fire hoses, can MacGyver your way out of a deep data well, and eat Task-Interrupts with syrup for breakfast, we'd love to hear from you.
- Working with AWS teams to help identify areas where data can drive security improvements and where monitoring can be implemented to protect AWS and our customers
- Developing highly accurate identification of anomalous and potentially malicious behavior by leveraging pattern detection over large datasets
- Create alerting for operation and investigation teams and work with them to automate manual processes
- Developing and maintaining new platforms, services, and scripts using Ruby, Java, or Python to make sense of piles and piles of data
- Performing deep data analysis, correlating data from disparate systems, and using metrics to drive consistent system improvements
- At least 3 years' experience using big data to address security challenges ·At least 8 years investigations and/or incident response across various operating systems and applications.
- At least 10 years in IT operations, such as systems administration, network engineering, database administration, security operations, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one high-level programming language such as Python, Ruby, Java, or Scala ·
- Proficiency in SQL and at least some experience with analytical and NoSQL databases ·
- Working experience with big data tools such as Hadoop/YARN, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Presto, Palentier, etc ·
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS ·
- Working knowledge of security incident response and forensic investigation
- 3 years' experience with Splunk administration, architecture, or development ·
- Working knowledge of statistical packages such as (R, SAS, Weka, RapidMiner, etc) ·
- Working knowledge of graph databases ·
- Passionate about data, security, technology, and challenging the status quo -Comfortable working in a team environment using Agile methodologies · Strong communication, interpersonal skills and fortitude to get stuff done
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top