Sr. Security Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Dash Button, Amazon Echo and Alexa. What will you help us create?
Amazon Lab126 is looking for Embedded Security Engineer to research and prototype detection methods to identify malicious activities to protect our consumer devices. If you enjoy analyzing attack techniques (e.g., hardware and application stack), analyzing system services, operating systems, networks and applications from a security perspective, and you are skilled at discovering security issues that appear under new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with challenging opportunities. Once your prototype for abuse detection and defense mechanism is validated, you will work with software developers in your team to bring those new techniques to our consumer devices. The team has many opportunities to innovate in the device security field (e.g., Hardware security, Linux/Android Security, Machine Learning, Big data, etc.).
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 7+ years relevant work experience
• 5+ years of experience in embedded security, finding vulnerabilities and/or building countermeasure.
• 2+ years of experience with development team(s) that delivered best practices for the full software development life cycle, plus experience with Agile/Scrum.
• Experience with security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
• Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
• Development experience in C, C++ and/or Java
• Experience with scripting (e.g., python, bash)
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience with security of End-to-End device to service-oriented architecture
• Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
• Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
• Experience with Machine Learning and Data Science is a big plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills
• Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Keyword: digitalsecurity, embeddedsecurity, devicesecurity, iotsecurity
Back to top