Are you interested in helping customers implement innovative solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest security practices, tools, and technologies? Do you have a knack for helping customers understand security requirements, tooling, and risk management approaches in the cloud, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and guide a project to success? Are you an expert with hands-on infosec practices for applications, infrastructure, and networks? Do you want to be part of the team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform? If so, you'd be a great fit as part of our AWS Professional Services team!
We are looking for highly-talented, technical hands-on Senior Security Architects located in Canada to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business within the Canadian Public Sector. You will be focused on Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Government customers, as well as Healthcare, Education, and Not for Profit organizations. You will use your exceptional security knowledge and hands-on security tooling and systems administration skills to help support of our customers with developing highly secure and compliant computing architectures and implementations
This is an opportunity to join Amazon's diverse technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies in the world. As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 10+ years of /implementation/consulting experience with Security, Compliance, and Risk Management including a mix of hands-on technical architecture work along with compliance and oversight.
• Expert knowledge and implementation experience of information security principles, policy enforcement, operating systems, web applications, and a high-level of familiarity with malicious code uses, OWASP Top 10, and common techniques used by hackers
• Hands-on experience with secure networking design concepts, services such as DNS, HTTPS, and TLS, as well as securing software-defined systems
• Demonstrated experience in designing architectures to meet security and compliance requirements for Canadian public sector entities
• Experience building Security documentation packages and leading organizations through Security compliance processes, accreditation, and/or Authority to Operate lifecycles.
• Hands on experience with Cloud security architectures
• AWS Professional certification, ability to get certified at Professional level within three months of hire.
• Experience with managing the security implications of cloud migrations
• Experience designing security postures for Cloud native applications
• Experience in the design and implementation of security controls
• Experience in programming/scripting: (ex. Java, ASP.Net, Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell scripting, etc)
• Experience with technical audit activity to ensure compliance with security policies and other industry standards (e.g. NIST, ITSG-33, SOC1/SOC2)
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position