Join a team that's building next generation, highly scalable products and services using the AWS cloud, workflows and Java. Our Web portals and services will drive new customer experiences for the Amazon Digital products such as Amazon Prime, Kindle eBooks, Amazon Video, Digital Music, and much more.
The Digital Accounting and Royalty Technologies team ensures the simplification and financial record-keeping automation of complex royalty payment and accounting rules, allowing digital businesses to eliminate their financial risk and focus on delighting their customers instead. Royalty services allow businesses to pay content-providers accurately, completely and on-time. Accounting services ensure all financial transactions are recorded accurately, promptly, and completely.
We need an experienced Sr. SDM to be the single-threaded leader for the Digital Financial automation space. This role is responsible for development of critical features to help businesses accurate compute and book financial information. This leader will hold Digital businesses to a high financial bar and develop products to view, debug and resolve unbooked transactions as well as provide foundational service capabilities for various promotional productions. The role manages mutiple two-pizza teams across three locations, each managed by an Software Development Manager. You will be interfacing and influencing both business partner teams as well as Amazon central accounting.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years managing software development teams including hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
• Experience in partnering with customer experience design, product and program management teams
• Experience with delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Track record of bringing in and growing engineering talent
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills
• Experience with agile software development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
• Knowledge of software development best practices
• Experience operating critical systems