Sr SDM - Alexa Communications A/V
The Alexa Communications team's mission is to bring people closer together by enabling customers to use the Alexa service for convenient, natural, and expressive conversations. Customers today can call and receive voice and video calls and we have recently launched Drop In, a new way to communicate spontaneously with the people you care about most, both within and outside the home.
We are looking for someone who is excited about understanding how we can help customers connect with each other and specifically how we can make the experience more natural by improving the quality of voice and video calls. Imagine helping elderly customers communicate clearly with their children and grandchildren, or providing an experience where you could imagine being together with the people you are communicating with, even when you are in separate parts of the world
As a Senior Manager, Software Development, you will own all technical aspects of your area including architecture, design, roadmap, development process, implementation, and operational excellence for your software and services. You will be responsible for hiring, building, and leading multiple teams led by Software Development Managers. You thoroughly enjoy end to end ownership and developing senior engineering talent. Ambiguity is an opportunity to charter a course rather than an obstacle and you comfortably delegate responsibility to Managers and Senior Software Development Engineers while diving deep and auditing when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 10+ years of professional experience in software development/engineering
- 10+ years of software development/engineering management experience
- 5+ years of experience managing software development managers
- Experience with developing, operating, and supporting products and services in production
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with developing and operating voice or video services
- Experience with audio / video technologies used to deliver a production service to consumers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top