Sr. SDET, Treasure Truck
- Boston, MA
You love software, and you love to write software - but more than that, you love to delight customers with software that works properly and does so repeatably. You are passionate about engineering a test approach - and the tests themselves - such that contracts are met (or unmet), and the business can make assertions about the risk of deploying. You love to push the limits of software to figure out where it breaks, and have good instincts backed by years of experience about how to prioritize tests based on business and technical risks. You grow the engineers around you and are always helping to increase ownership of software quality in the team around you. You are a senior SDET as an engineering specialization rather than as place you've ended up.
If you love driving high impact delivery that delights customers, then this role is for you! Treasure Truck is an unexpected way to shop with Amazon. We feature one hand-picked, must-have item at a time and share it over text. You pick it up same-day from the location that works best for you (https://www.amazon.com/ttgo). As a startup within Amazon Consumer Retail, the Treasure Truck team owns technology across the entirety of the e-commerce value chain, spanning from how we identify and offer compelling products, the inventory lifecycle, the full range of customer experience, and the product fulfilment lifecycle all the way until the customer is at the truck. This role is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (Sr. SDET)
to innovate across the full breadth of Amazon's e-commerce product and technology domains.
As a hands-on Sr. SDET, you will make a large impact on Treasure Truck's mission to surprise and delight customers, by improving efficiency and approach to testing, accelerating the teams' deployment velocity. Working backwards from customer needs, you will identify the right sets of tools to build to achieve the best quality and customer experience. You will lead test automation efforts for critical and complex technical projects spanning multiple software teams. You will be responsible for driving improvements in test tools, test environments and reporting mechanisms as well as influence the implementation of the right solutions. As a software development champion on the engineering team you will own the vision for test infrastructures, build frameworks that allow developers to easily write reliable tests, and invent new mechanisms for ensuring that every change we make can be deployed safely and quickly. You will help solve our most difficult challenges, and you will coach other engineers to foster a culture of relentless high-standards. From within the Softlines Innovations organization you will partner with technology and business leaders across Retail Tech, Operations, Prime Now, and Physical Stores to build and integrate systems that seamlessly deliver end-to-end customer value. You will deliver initiatives with unique benefit to Amazon's customers while leveraging the latest innovations across Amazon.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
• 5+ years professional experience developing and testing software
• Experience testing and building automation on mobile devices (iOS and Android)
• Experience in one or more Test Automation Frameworks - Appium, Selenium, XCTest, TestNG, UIAutomator.
• Demonstrated ability to own, design, lead and implement test strategies for complex applications.
• Demonstrated proficiency and experience and with, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++ or equivalent programming language; and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new programming languages and tools
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
• Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithm design and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets.
Back to top