The AWS Hardware Engineering team creates server designs for Amazon's innovative web services. Our designs are industry-leading in frugality and operational excellence, and are critical to the success of the AWS business and the more than one million customers who use AWS today. Our engineers solve challenging technology problems, and build architecturally sound, high-quality components to enable AWS to realize critical business strategies.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an innovative self-starter. You will work with engineers across the company as well as external companies and lead test automation and storage device bring-up and validation efforts. You will use your broad experience using and developing automated testing tools, programming languages and knowledge of storage devices to validate custom SSD products. AWS Engineers are shaping the way people use computers and designing the future of cloud computing technology come help us make history!
What you will do: You will a member of a team designing AWS-specific hardware, firmware and software for NAND memory devices. You will interact with engineers across the company. You will lead the design, development and automation of device validation of NVMe and SATA SSDs. You drive the development of white and black box test routines and tools to meet the needs of new storage architectures. You will recommend product improvements based on your testing results. You will work closely with AWS software and firmware engineers to automate health reporting of these products in production.
Why it matters: Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS, combined with an understanding of how our hardware is used, creates a unique opportunity for component customizations that will directly benefit customers.
Why you will love it: You will work with engineers across the company to build next-generation devices. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our developers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work. You will see direct product improvements based on the results of your work.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience developing continuous development and test automation infrastructure and test development for validation of storage devices, software and systems.
• 7+ years of experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash etc.)
• Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the development and execution of engineering evaluation tests and scripts using a high level programming language (Perl, Python).
• 10+ experience with functional, reliability, and performance validation of firmware/hardware, drivers and software for storage devices and systems including SSD, HDD.
• Experience with modern storage technology devices, rotational and solid state, as well as a variety of interface standards (SATA, SAS, NVMe).
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Hands on experience with Linux development and debug.
• Detailed understanding of SSD and storage platform design and architecture.
• An understanding of AWS technologies (aws.amazon.com).
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.