Sr. SDE / Technical Architect - WWCP Technologies
- Seattle, WA
World Wide Capacity Planning tech (WWCP - tech) team is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE III) to join our fast-paced stimulating environment, to help invent the future of Workforce optimization with technology.
The WWCP - tech team is part of the Workforce Optimization Technology team under CSTech, within the Operations Organization. WWCP Tech team's long term goal is to develop a Workforce optimization (WFO) product called Amazon Vibe by 2022. Vibe will seamlessly connect with Amazon Connect (an AWS routing solution) and provide complete work force management solution for contact centers.
As a SDE III on the wwcp- tech team you will work with a team of Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Researchers, and Product Managers, across multiple teams to design, develop and maintain innovative solutions that form the backbone of the simulation and experimentation systems that drive Amazon's CS business forward. These systems cover a broad range of solutions which include front-ends, workflows, advanced mathematical models, and data platforms, built using latest technology frameworks and AWS. This opportunity is perfect for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com.
Successful outstanding candidates will bring strong technical and analytical abilities, combined with a passion for delivering results for customers, internal and external. This role requires a high degree of ownership, and a drive, to solve some of the most challenging data and engineering problems in retail.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
This role might be for you if...
• You design at the product level with heavy involvement through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle using concepts that may include Service Oriented Architecture, workflow automation, relational and non-relational databases, microservices, sharding, n-tiered architecture, cloud.
• You use object-oriented or functional programming design concepts to program large multi-tier systems. You have working knowledge of common and useful design patterns.
• You have designed, refactored, re-architected, deprecated and/or implemented large-scale cloud-based distributed services with millisecond latency and ultra-high transactional volumes.
• You have experience implementing best practices in improving team coding culture subjected related to quality and/or security.
• You effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
In this job, you will...
• Experiment with whatever technology we need to get the job done.
• Use Lean Software Development concepts such as Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
• Use engineering best practices, such as Test-Driven Development, code review and Continuous Deployment.
• Expand and optimize our world-class supply chain systems to support a variety of emerging business initiatives.
• Directly contribute to the design and development of prediction systems.
• Maintain, operate and improve existing systems that running in production.
• Cooperate with data scientists and data engineers to implement intelligent systems in large scale production environment.
• Collaborate with colleagues from multidisciplinary science, engineering and business backgrounds.
• Conduct written and verbal presentations to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 8+ years of software development experience
• Fluency with Java, C/C++, or C#
• In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
• Strong problem solving ability and object-oriented design skills
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Experience in design and development of systems with new Machine Learning models
• Good team player with Agility and adaptiveness.
• Previous experience as Senior SDE.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• In depth experience with one or more of Java, Ruby, Python
Back to top