Sr. SDE/ Technical Architect - Transportation Engineering
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon's global logistics fulfillment network enables merchants to ship orders placed on Amazon.com anywhere in the world. Millions of packages ship from to our warehouses and pass through several intermediate locations before reaching the customer. What results is a highly dense graph of source, intermediate and destination nodes, with arcs between them representing possible paths for packages, with different costs and times along each arc. Accounting for all these constraints, and maximizing the number of shipments shipped, while minimizing cost, providing a variety of delivery options and maximizing delivery performance is Transportation Engineering's primary focus.
We are looking for a software engineer to help us solve complex problems. They will work in a team with a strong impetus to innovate, drive end to end ownership and meet critical business goals. This engineer will provide the technical leadership to the team, drive best practices, mentor other engineers and drive continuous improvements in engineering excellence. They will work on some of the key initiatives to support our rapid evolution and growth of the transportation network and in the process solve some of the most challenging problems.
We care about your career growth, too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger problems, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast, and our people will grow with it.
Check out our benefits: www.amazon.jobs/benefits
If you are currently enrolled in or have graduated in the past six months from a bachelors, masters, or Ph.D program, please apply at www.amazon.jobs/univeristy
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong in Object-oriented design, data structures and design patterns
• Good problem solving and ability to develop optimal algorithms
• 10+ years of experience in Java, C++, C# , Ruby or Python.
• 10+ years of industry experience in designing and implementing distributed N-tier software systems
• Experience developing on a Linux platform
• Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Strong debugging, monitoring , diagnosing skills for IT systems
• Keen eye for performance, security and scalability aspects
• Coaching and guiding cross-functional engineers
• Strong exposure to automated testing and test coverage aspects
• Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals, including data structure and algorithms
• Experience developing software services with an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability.
• Knowledge of professional software development life cycle best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Experience in building supply chain, logistics software
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top