Sr. SDE / Technical Architect - Innovating Business Data Technologies
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon's eCommerce Foundation (eCF) organization is responsible for the core components that drive the Amazon website and customer experience. Serving millions of customer page views and orders per day, eCF builds for scale. As an organization within eCF, the Business Data Technologies (BDT) group is no exception. We collect petabytes of data from thousands of data sources inside and outside Amazon including the Amazon catalog system, inventory system, customer order system, page views on the website and Alexa systems. We provide interfaces for our internal customers to access and query the data hundreds of thousands of times per day, using Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Redshift, Hive, Spark and Oracle. We build scalable solutions that grow with the Amazon business.
We have changed how analytics is performed at Amazon. We are the main driver behind Oracle deprecation and have been successful. In order to achieve this, the Big Data Technologies team is building a new data ecosystem, flexible enough for teams to bring their own compute platforms, experiment, and perform massive data analysis using AWS technologies.
We are radically changing the traditional ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) model to a data marketplace concept, facilitating 'one click' data-mart creation, and relationships between data producers and consumers.
We are developing a next-generation cluster management system and we're looking for top engineers to build from the ground up.
This is a hands-on position where you will do everything from designing and building scalable components and cutting-edge features to formulating strategy and direction for Big Data at Amazon. You will work with the most sophisticated customers in the business to help them get the best results. You need to not only be a top software developer with excellent programming skills, an understanding of big data and parallelization, and a stellar record of delivery, but also excel at leadership and customer obsession and have a real passion for massive-scale computing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of the constantly evolving and growing Big Data field
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Delivering systems and features with top-notch quality, on time
- Stay current on technical knowledge to keep pace with rapidly changing technology, and work with the team in bringing new technologies on board
Come help us build for the future of Big Data!
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong in Object-oriented design, data structures and design patterns
• Good problem solving and ability to develop optimal algorithms
• 10+ years of experience in Java, C++, C# , Ruby or Python.
• 10+ years of industry experience in designing and implementing distributed N-tier software systems
• Experience developing on a Linux platform
• Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Strong debugging, monitoring , diagnosing skills for IT systems
• Keen eye for performance, security and scalability aspects
• Coaching and guiding cross-functional engineers
• Strong exposure to automated testing and test coverage aspects
• Experience taking a lead role in architecture, designing, and building complex software systems
• Experience with ETL (Extract Transform Load), Data Warehousing systems, and Big Data
• Linux, UNIX, UNIX tools
• Master's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Experience in communicating with customers, technical, business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs.
• Experience with large scale systems
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
• Experience working with AWS technologies like Dynamo DB, Redshift, S3.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top