Sr. SDE / Technical Architect - Global Finance Systems
- Pune, India
Amazon is looking for a leader to expand Global Finance Platform that powers tens of billions of dollars of accurate payments across multiple lines of business worldwide. Finance Automation builds software systems that ensure accurate and on time payments for millions of Amazon vendors including publishers, app developers, game developers, marketplace sellers, associates and others.
We are looking for an influential Senior Software Development Engineer to join with a mission to innovate and solve some of the complex problems and create products/services for global payment systems. In this role you will be working with many projects and a wide range of technologies and will own and shape the future of our Finance Automation delivery capabilities to process invoices and payments. You will have the opportunity to understand the problem space in depth, opportunity to learn and apply newer technologies and see the results. You will be the technical leader for the team with the opportunity to steer and mentor a team of smart SDE's who will work with you in delivering this mission. This is a great learning experience with the freedom to apply technology as required, opportunity to present and work with principal engineers and contribute to the bread and butter of amazon payment systems. This is a rare opportunity to lead/mentor a team that is rearchitecting it's products to create a new experience and a high-performing team at Amazon with opportunity to influence complexity and scale.
We are looking for developers who will challenge themselves and others to constantly come up with innovative solutions and who not only know how to solve the problem, but who help define the problems and direction and create value while pioneering new frontiers. This is an exciting, dynamic, and challenging position and we are looking for people with initiative, drive and relevant experience in the industry. This role will require you to work directly with product, design and operations teams to define and implement solutions.
• Working collaboratively, shape the vision and strategy for solving business problems spread across retail and other cross systems outside of retail
• Develop deep understanding of the retail pipeline to build an architecture, thinking long term about futuristic needs.
• Mentor, grow, and share the journey to deliver with quality.
• Deep dive, develop and deliver systems that are highly maintainable. Technical leader for the team with the ability to deliver against all odds.
• Data driven approach for making right architecture decisions, managing business priorities
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 10+ year relevant work experience.
• Strong CS fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Mastery in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as C++ or Java, Database/NoSQL (PostgreSQL/MySQL/Cassandra/Mongo/HBASE), Elastic Search
• 2+ years of experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Mastery in professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Ability to communicate with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience of delivering highly available, multi-tenanted, high volume systems would be definitely preferred.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience with cloud technologies (AWS/Azure) will be preferred
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• A strong business and technical vision and the ability to translate these in business and technical approaches
Back to top