Sr. SDE, Mobile
- Austin, TX
Be part of the team that is building something that empowers people to be their own boss.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer that will obsess over the safety of drivers who use Amazon's mobile delivery application for package delivery.
Amazon's delivery app is the system that collaborates with crowd-sourced and third-party delivery partners to complete deliveries for many of Amazon's programs. Our mobile application works in concert with our advanced logistics systems and predictive analytics. These technologies allow delivery partners to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, and be guided through their deliveries with in-app mapping, navigation, and much more.
As an engineer you will work on cutting edge technology to build software that will keep the driver safe while on road. You will build a variety of software ranging from ones that interact with devices and sensors on vehicles to ones that do predictive analysis using machine learning algorithms.
You will work with our product management team to develop the strategy, followed by architecture and implementation of critical safety features into our mobile and back end platform. You will also own software in all phases of the software life-cycle from architecture and design through deployment and release. You will learn about Amazon's logistics network, interact with other teams to build optimized systems, and deliver software which impacts multiple delivery provider programs.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience in mobile app development in Android, iOS or both
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top