Are you interested in developing high performance maps and navigation experiences on iOS and Android that empower Amazon delivery drivers world-wide to deliver packages, groceries, and more to customer doorsteps? Are you interested in doing so as part of a team of experts who work on solving hard problems to process sensor data, implement algorithms that precisely calculate location and orientation or mobile devices, leverage a massive graph of geospatial data to generate intuitive turn-by-turn navigation guidance, and deliver intuitive visual map experiences that reduces the cognitive overhead for wayfinding? Then this is the role for you!
As a member of the Last Mile Maps Experience team, you will be responsible for transforming the experience drivers have as they navigate to customer doorsteps. We support delivery programs such as Amazon Flex, a crowd-sourced delivery opportunity for independent contractors, and Amazon Logistics, a delivery service powered by small and medium sized businesses who deliver Amazon packages to customer doorsteps. As a mobile software engineer, you'll be responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of systems to process high volume data from GPS, accelerometer, magnetometer and other sensors on mobile devices and implement novel navigation algorithms that leverage rich geospatial datasets to guide drivers. You will have an opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test, and own software components that execute efficiently on mobile devices. You will lead the technical direction of the team, mentor other engineers in the team, and drive a culture of delivering high quality software. Come and join us to invent the best in class logistics maps and navigation experience anywhere!
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
- 4+ years in software development using Kotlin, Java, C++, C#, Python, or related
- 4+ years in Objective-C and/or Swift developing multi-threaded mobile applications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience building widely used software components that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs.
- Experience building maps and navigation solutions
- Experience providing technical leadership across multiple software verticals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us