- Berlin, Germany
Are you interested in architecting highly scalable and available device and server software platforms? Can you run large cross-team projects that deliver cutting edge software solutions to internal and external customers? Are you comfortable and effective at managing and growing top tier engineers? Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as drilling into technical design? Do you want to work on and innovate on platforms that manage all of Amazon Devices? Amazon's Device Software and Services division is looking for some one with good business acumen, technical depth and passion for people management to manage a team of high performing engineers developing the core management platforms for Amazon Devices.
In this role, you will be the owner of Device Management and Onboarding services and infrastructure that is used across Amazon devices from the first generation Kindle to the latest Echos. This role requires working with product management to define strategy and requirements, leading a development team from design through delivery, and regularly communicating with senior management on status, risks and change control.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. The candidate is not just a policy maker/spokesperson but drives to get things done. At the core of the position is delivery.
Qualified candidates have extensive experience defining the strategy and vision for a development team, defining projects and programs, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
Knowledge of the following is required; service-oriented architecture, software development (including C++, Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services), build processes, project management, people management, and release schedules. The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of relevant work experience leading internet-related projects and/or technical management in a software applications environment. An undergraduate degree in software-product management, computer science, or equivalent experience required.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Experience in OOP, Java or C++, Perl, and Web development, highly scalable systems, device development and performance testing.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years people management experience
• You are extremely technical and have significant experience developing scalable web applications, device software, and networking middleware, with a penchant for building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity.
• You have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile, and open team environment.
• You build the right product for your customers and pride yourself on delivering products on-time against deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• A deep understanding of cross-functional multiple-team based
• software development.
• A strong business and technical vision and the ability to translate these in business and technical approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran
Back to top