Sr. SDE, Big Data
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an
infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can
requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you
go for only the resources you need.
This position is with AWS Glue Data Catalog. AWS Glue Data Catalog is fully managed Hive compatible metastore.
AWS Glue is a fully managed ETL service that makes it easy to move data between your data stores. AWS Glue simplifies and automates the difficult and time consuming data discovery, conversion, mapping, and job scheduling tasks. AWS Glue guides you through the process of moving your data with an easy to use console that helps you understand your data sources, prepare the data for analytics, and load it reliably from data sources to destinations.
By automating tedious, labor-intensive administrative tasks, these
services enable customers to spend their time focusing on their data
and business insights.
Joining AWS Glue gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on a disruptive product that's still in its early stages
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that's a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for developers with expertise and passion for building
large-scale data-intensive systems and distributed systems. In
particular, we are looking for developers that want to work on the
next generation big data systems that will transform data management
on AWS and across the industry.
Experience with large scale data analytics, big data platforms, highly
available/fault tolerant systems, replicated data storage, and
operating complex services running in the cloud are all pluses.
In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Coding and testing complex system components
- Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Mentoring other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team
- Have a minimum of 5 years of software development plus at least 3 years spent in a leadership/management role
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experienced writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives
- Write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- Experienced debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
- Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
- Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems is a plus
- Experience with database systems internals, query optimization, and storage systems
- Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing is a plus
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top