Have you ever wanted to work on a state-of-the-art machine learning and AI ecosystem? Do you have the passion to tackle hard problems in making an IDE for machine learning professionals and data scientists? As an engineer on the Amazon SageMaker Studio Notebooks team, you'll own the Notebook authoring and data scientist IDE experience for AWS ML.
Our mission is to provide a highly scalable, fully integrated and collaborative data science workbench where any data scientist, developer, or student can develop ML solutions in the cloud.
Engineers on this team get to:
• Learn from the best - you'll be lead technical discussions alongside other engineers with deep technical knowledge, principal engineers and data scientists.
• Support online ML education providers (Coursera, fast.ai, Udacity, etc.) to develop the next generation of ML engineers.
• Be the voice of the customer to develop open-source software and build interesting customer examples.
• Develop operational rigor for a fast-growing AWS service.
• Collaborate with senior and principal engineers in design, implement and maintain a scalable tier 1 AWS service.
• Be part of "two pizza" scrum team.
• Work closely with senior and principal engineers to architect and develop robust technical designs.
• Collaborate with other SageMaker engineers for features that cut across SageMaker.
• Engage with customers and other AWS partners.
• Continually improve the product and strive for operational excellence.
• Help with hiring.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Machine learning knowledge and experience.
• Active engagement with an open-source community.
• Experience building web services
• Proficiency with notebook software (Jupyter, nteract, Zeppelin)
• Experience in measuring and improving system performance and efficiency
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.