Come Shape the Future of Transportation! We are a team of engineers, living and breathing at the intersection of technology and transportation. In the future, transportation of both goods and people will be centered around technology, with consistent innovation around better safety, reliability, and efficiency. AWS aims to power the future of transportation through rapid innovation and scale only possible through cloud infrastructure. Come join us in building the future of transportation!
Responsibilities You will work backwards from the customer and distill customer requirements along with the Product Manager. As our AI/ML and computer vision expert, you will help to analyze, label, train, deploy and test AI models at scale. You contribute to the internal and customer facing technical specification of our products and work with engineering and product leadership to shape the forward looking roadmap/ strategy. You ensure industry best practices are followed in design and architecture decisions, bring emerging technologies into designs when appropriate.
Team Our team is global, based in the US (west coast) and Germany. Our US teams typically start earlier in the day to have a couple of hours of overlap with our Germany teams (who typically work later in the afternoon).
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship and Career Growth: Our engineers and leaders come from diverse perspectives and backgrounds across technology and automotive fields, and are excited to share their experiences and mentor more junior engineers. Team members are encouraged to set up mentorship relationships with senior engineers on our team, but also across the broader AWS and Amazon population. Our diversity of thought coupled with the endless curiosity within our team is our greatest asset for innovation.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
• 7+ years experience in fundamental backend technologies and design patterns such as Serverless, big data, streaming at scale.
• 7+ Experience in at least one OOP language such us Java or Scala.
• 7+ Experience in at least one scripting programming language such as Python/Ruby.
• Relevant experience working with computer vision processing pipelines
• Experienced with popular AI frameworks such as Sagemaker, TensorFlow, MXNet,PyTorch etc
• Academic and/or industry experience with one of more of the following: Computer Vision, Image Recognition, Machine Learning.
• Experience with AWS services of Sagemaker Neo, Sagemaker Ground Truth, Sagemaker Distributed Training, Rekognition, Amazon Comprehend, Amazon Kendra
• Experience with open source tools and resources
• Experience with automotive video processing, or autonomous vehicle development
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
• Ability to Establish non-functional requirements (security, reliability, maintainability, usability, etc.) at the solution level
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.