Sr. SDE Android
- Cambridge, MA
This position is 100% remote
Come join the team that works on the latest and greatest delivery features for our Amazon customers, such as in-home, in-car, in-garage, lockers, and more! We partner with various manufacturers such as Volvo, Ford, Kwikset, Chamberlain, and more to create delightful, convenient, and secure deliveries for our customers.
Are you interested in developing cutting-edge technology that will help Amazon deliver packages worldwide efficiently and quickly? The Amazon Flex mobile team focuses in providing smart and efficient mobile solutions that scales to delivering millions of packages every month. It is still "Day 1" in the Last Mile Technology space!
Amazon Flex is the system that collaborates with crowd-sourced and third-party delivery partners to complete all of Amazon's deliveries. Our Amazon Flex application works in concert with our advanced logistics systems and technology. These technologies allow delivery partners to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, and be guided through their deliveries with in-app mapping, navigation, and much more. Our ability to engage with, support and provide a world-class experience to both customers and our delivery partners has become more critical as we continue to expand the number of active delivery partners and target faster deliveries to our customers.
Being part of a customer obsessed team, you will be responsible for the design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products that make it possible to deliver packages to customers in two hours or less. You will have an opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test and own software systems. You will influence the technical direction of the team and work with many different technologies. If you are a software engineer with a creative flare, problem-solving skills, exposure to various technologies such as Swift or Objective-C, and have the desire to help drive Amazon's next generation of delivery, we want to talk with you.
• Completed Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience with Xcode and other associated tools like Instruments
• 5+ years in Software Development
• Experience working in Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin or Java
• An interest in cross platform development in Android
• Customer obsessed with the ability to deal with ambiguity
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer- Female/Minority/Disability/Vet
Back to top