Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and wondered how it got to you so fast? Did you ever think about where did this package come from and how much would it have costed to do that delivery? If so, the Amazon Supply Chain Optimization organization is for you.
Watch this video to learn more about our organization, SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
Our vision is to build a real time, intelligent and intuitive hands off the wheel fully automated system to model Amazon's complex transportation network (with billions of attributes like warehouses, routes, time, cost etc.) to give optimal promises to our customers during ordering and make optimal transportation decisions during fulfillment. We are looking for a rockstar senior engineer to help us realize this vision.
The complexity of Amazon transportation network grows exponentially, requiring innovative approaches in modeling, storing, validating, and processing billions of rows of configuration. We are looking for a candidate who will help us break down barriers and build smart and scalable network management system to give Amazon customers even faster and cheaper delivery. Our technical challenges involve optimizing relational and non-relational data storage and processing systems to enable a transportation network at Amazon scale evolving at Amazon speed. Get ready for SQL and NoSQL databases, Big Data analytics, distributed systems, map reduce, complex business logic, and highly-optimized multithreaded code on the edge of capabilities. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to be a key contributor to our success and drive the strategic development of the services.
This role might be for you if...
• You design at the product level with heavy involvement through all phases of the SDLC using concepts that may include Service Oriented Architecture, caching, load balancing, relational and non-relational databases, micro services, n-tiered architecture, cloud and/or map-reduce.
• You use object-oriented design concepts to program large multi-tier systems. You have working knowledge of common and useful design patterns.
• You have designed, refactored, re-architected, deprecated and/or implemented large-scale cloud-based distributed services with millisecond latency and high transactional volumes.
• You have experience implementing best practices in improving team coding culture subjected related to quality and/or security.
• Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical audiences.
In this job, you will...
• Experiment with whatever technology we need to get the job done.
• Use Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment.
• Work with Principal Engineers across multiple teams and business stake holders to design and build highly available and scalable systems for optimizing and managing Amazon's transportation network.
• Expand and optimize our world-class supply chain systems to support a variety of emerging business initiatives.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems that pushes the technological boundaries and build innovative solutions that impact millions of customers in a fast paced environment while working with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as , , or including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Development experience on a Linux platform
Experience in web services and cloud computing
Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical customers in order to understand ambiguous problems and articulate technical challenges and solutions to complex problems
Practical experience with software engineering best-practices and a strong desire to create quality solutions and designs
Experience in design and implementation of large scale, high performance, and high availability web services.