- Culver City, CA
Come join a creative team dedicated to changing the way movies are made!
We are looking for software development engineers that are passionate about building distributed systems, building media software, in cloud rendering, and rich data visualization providing interactive data exploration across a large volume of data sources generating metrics, logs, and traces. Amazon Studios has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day, our software development engineers deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new features, consult with the top engineers at Amazon and discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at scale.
You'll be supported by team members who are incredibly smart, passionate about observability and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what AWS can really do to enable film and streaming production in the cloud. You will be responsible to design, build, and scale a globally available AWS service that is business critical and at the forefront of our customer success.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math
• 10+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Developer
• 7+ years of experience in the entertainment industry with technical equipment, audio mixing, and post-production techniques
• Prior experience with designing and supporting production/post production workflows
• Prior experience creating industry requirements and serving on a standards committee
• Working knowledge of feature distribution and advanced formats: HDR - (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG, HFR, DCI, 4K, 8K) and video signal flows and technical monitoring
• Demonstrates organizational skills to handle multiple projects and ability to collaborate with key stakeholders
• Depth in data structures and algorithms, especially those dealing with concurrency or scaling.
• Experience communicating directly with users, software development teams, or management in order to share plans/vision or collect data (e.g. requirements) to drive product improvement.
• Track record of interviewing & hiring top tier engineering talent.
• Experience in AWS and/or cloud computing in general.
• Experience building software solutions that leverage AWS services (e.g. S3, DynamoDB, EC2).
• Experience coding in Go language
• Experience writing and using high speed file transfer using UDP into AWS services across distributed networks.
• Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.).
• Experience with CNCF projects such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, and Jaeger.
• Familiarity with internet security, SSO, IAM, RBAC.
• Experience with high scale data stores and caching strategies.
• Demonstrates clear communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.
• Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top