Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers architect their SAP workloads onto AWS? Do you like to work on a variety of global projects, leading customer and partner teams to achieve AWS and SAP best practices?
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical SAP architect to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This architect will join a Global SWAT team focused on AWS's most critical SAP customers. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
AWS is enabling use cases that have never been done before. AWS is looking for a candidate who is passionate about creating SAP solution architectures which drive meaningful customer value.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Architecting SAP solutions for simplicity, massive scale, resiliency and maintainability.
- Working on the cutting edge of a wide range of innovative AWS use cases.
- Setting-up and configuring SAP based on best practices.
- Automating SAP deployment, configuration and operations.
- Coaching Customer and Partner teams to be self-sufficient.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field preferred or equivalent experience
• 9+ years with SAP systems such as SAP Business Suite, SAP HANA, SAP Suite on HANA or equivalent.
• 9+ years of IT implementation or consulting experience
• 6+ years designing architecting and building SAP Systems
• Experience with SAP Basis / NetWeaver and HANA Administration
• Experience with SAP specific infrastructure sizing, compute, storage, networking, and security design
• Hands-on experience with SAP Installations, SAP OS/DB migrations, downtime optimization and data center migration
• Implementation experience as SAP technical architect
• Experience in Backup and recovery of SAP solutions (OS, Application, DB)
• Experience in designing, architecting and building Disaster Recovery solutions for SAP Applications
• Scripting experience with tools such as Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
• Experience with Unix/Linux and Windows administration
• 9+ years of IT implementation or consulting experience
• Degree in Computer Science or Math
• Experience in building Enterprise Level, scalable and highly available SAP infrastructure
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Ability to demonstrate strong understanding of SAP applications, infrastructure and security.
• Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
• Experience working with the latest SAP products such as Fiori, S/4HANA, BW/4HANA, etc.
• Experience with setting up one High-Availability cluster (HP ServiceGuard, SIOS, RedHat, SUSE, Windows) setup from start to finish
• Familiarity with any monitoring and automated testing tools
• Experience working with Cloud Infrastructure
• Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Terraform, Jenkins and configuration tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt etc.
• Ability to interpret technical concepts into business outcomes, and communicate at the executive level
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.