Sr. Sales Strategy, Operations and Enablement Strategist/Consultant
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. Increasingly, these companies are looking at AWS not just as a technology provider, but as a strategic partner that can speed their ability to innovate in the fast and ever-changing digital economy.
The AWS WW Sales Strategy, Operations and Enablement team is seeking an experienced, customer-obsessed professional to support demand for its Executive Visioning function working directly with our most strategic customers - helping them envision what's possible and innovate with us to make those visions reality. This a fantastic opportunity for a proven professional to advance their overall business skills. Success will require the proven ability to collaborate effectively with senior leaders in a customer-facing role and to help plan and deliver scale for a new function and capability within a large, matrixed organization.
The Executive Vision Engagement Strategist will develop and oversee engagements with our most strategic customers, using the proven Amazon "working backwards" methodology to uncover potential new partnerships, test ideas, and accelerate customer innovation agendas with Amazon/AWS. This will involve defining criteria for customer prioritization/selection, development of methods and best practices for workshop agendas and visualizations (e.g. "working backwards", design thinking), coordinating with peer teams across Amazon, and tracking results. The right candidate has experience managing c-suite engagements, is compelling and comfortable in a creative brainstorming environment, and has experience in the technology industry. Superior collaboration and communication skills are required along with demonstrated experience working effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure entrepreneurial environment.
• Development and facilitation of C-level engagements focused on improving customer engagement and developing long-term strategic relationships. This involves interfacing with multiple stakeholder groups and subject matter experts to understand customer needs, account planning activities, and the art of what's possible.
• Ability to understand long term strategic needs of customers and assist in development of AWS and Amazon business plans to meet these needs
• Coordination across multiple Amazon teams to bring the right experts to discussions to maximize productivity of vision workshops.
• Coordinate with other functional units within Amazon to ensure alignment of efforts and sharing of best practices.
• Collaborate with other team members to develop a scalable methodology and framework for the Executive Visioning program including design process, framework structure, metrics/impact measurement, and handoffs to appropriate teams (post workshop).
• Obsessively improve customer interactions by capturing feedback, iterating, and developing a continuous improvement cycle for the Vision Workshop program.
• Assist with generation and preparation of regular reports on progress and status for team and sponsors - report impact regularly to internal stakeholders.
• Constantly innovate and improve programs and program management mechanisms, suggesting new ideas and best practices for improving the business and customer engagement and sharing artifacts within the AWS Knowledge Management system.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills; able to articulate customer and stakeholder recommendations, balance tradeoffs, drive consensus, and gain support by utilizing excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication.
• BS/BA degree
• 10+ years' experience in strategy and/or consulting preferably in a corporate setting
• 3+ years experience with designing and structuring senior level business engagements that support strategic outcomes for clients and internal teams
• Deep expertise in workshop facilitation, design thinking principles and knowledge of best practices
• Experience working within a high-growth, technology company or tech consulting company would be highly beneficial
• Creative thinker able to connect concepts and ideas and "translate" between technology and business outcome language.
• Experience fostering collaboration and driving consensus at the c-suite level
• MBA or other relevant advanced degree (behavioral science, psychology, etc.)
• Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership and leading.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
• Able to operate successfully in a lean, dynamic, fast-paced organization and to turn ideas into concrete action plans
• Ability to develop strong, productive relationships across peer organizations that foster collaboration and best practice sharing.
• Relentless focus on demonstrating business impact and measurable results.
• Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, prototypes and strategic roadmaps.
• Deep experience in prioritization of deliverables and tasks
• Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented with strong problem solving skills
• Proven track record building high performance teams.
• Other preferred locations: San Francisco, CA/ Los Angeles, CA/ Seattle, WA/ New York, NY/ Austin, TX/ Palo Alto, CA/ or other Virtual locations in the US where Amazon has a presence will be considered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities within the city limits of Columbia, SC. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
Back to top