Sr. Sales Governance Manager
- Boston, MA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from startups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in every major industry. Increasingly, these companies are looking at AWS not just as a technology provider, but as a strategic partner that can speed their ability to innovate in the fast and ever-changing digital economy.
As a member of AWS Worldwide Revenue Operations, you will play a critical role in helping us achieve our mission to build the most efficient sales organization in the world. You will be part of the team chartered with building the AWS Sales Governance Playbook, the definitive guide for how the global AWS field should operate at each stage of the sales cycle and leverage a growing ecosystem of programs, tools, and engagement strategies. You will define, enhance, and implement consistent global sales practices and identify opportunities to remove obstacles, streamline processes, and improve approaches to selling at AWS. You will work across the organization to ensure critical foundational elements, including sales tools, are in place to support operational excellence. You will also be responsible for driving adoption through a robust enablement program, and developing mechanisms to assess and measure the effectiveness of our sales policies and processes.
Preferred locations in the United States: Seattle, WA/ Dallas, TX/ Boston, MA/ Arlington, VA/ Washington D.C. Relocation assistance is available from within the United States.
• Collaborate with Sales and Sales Operations leaders to maintain a pulse on the effectiveness of sales policies and processes; gather feedback and data, evaluate gaps, identify best practices, and determine how to apply these learnings to drive continuous improvement.
• Lead initiatives to design or enhance sales policies and processes, synthesizing insights, performing root cause analysis, mapping workflows, defining execution plans, and systematizing at scale. • Write executive-level narratives to present your findings and recommendations, and gain alignment across sales and functional leadership.
• Define performance measures and reporting requirements, working individually and with analysts, to evaluate the effectiveness of process improvements.
• Partner with Sales Enablement and Communications to support adoption and change management efforts.
• Identify issues and challenges related to sales effectiveness projects and drive timely resolution.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ years' experience is process improvement
• 5+ years' experience with a global technology or management consulting firm.
• 5+ years' experience with Global project management or program management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting ideas in a narrative format to different levels of leadership.
• Understanding of sales processes, methodologies, or operations.
• Comfortable managing multiple priorities and directional changes in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to navigate ambiguous situations, and identify and solve for blockers with minimal guidance.
• Ability to exercise high judgment and make appropriate trade-off decisions, particularly in narrow time frames.
• Excellent at building trust and influencing cross-functional teams and senior leaders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top