AWS Worldwide Commercial Operations is seeking a Sales Compensation Specialist with deep experience in variable compensation, including Revenue Based Incentive (RBI) plans, Management by Objectives (MBO) plans, and SPIF programs, along with strong analytical skills. In this hands-on global role, you will be responsible for closed-loop analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation plans and programs. As a member of this team, you will leverage strong data extraction skills to create sales compensation performance analysis and perform data modelling to design innovative compensation models. You will also identify opportunities and implement ideas for bringing efficiency to our internal mechanisms. In addition, you will also conduct risk assessment of sales compensation plans/programs and audit/inspection.
This individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across geographies. Successful members of this team will collaborate effectively to solve sales compensation problems, implement new solutions, and deliver successfully against high operational standards. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual that has the ability to "connect the dots" and establish a point of view with little direction or supervision.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop deep understanding of AWS sales model, sales compensation plans, metrics, reporting tools, and data structures in order to identify and drive resolution of sales compensation issues.
• Conduct closed-loop analysis to determine efficacy of sales compensation plans and programs. Provide actionable intelligence with existing metrics or identify, develop, and propose new metrics, scorecards or new tools.
• Develop data visualization capabilities to provide insights to sales leaders with respect to how sales reps are getting paid relative to business performance and if sales compensation plans/programs are driving the right behaviors - what's working and what's not working.
• Data modelling and analysis for design and development of innovative compensation models.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders including, Sales Ops, Business Development, Finance, Business Technology & Solutions, HR and Legal to identify issues and design solutions.
• Simplify and standardize our mechanisms and tools to enable operational excellence.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS/BA degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Accounting or similar disciplines
• 5+ years of business and financial analysis experience
• Experience and understanding of sales operations and sales strategy, sales models, customer segmentation and sales compensation design.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL, and data visualization software like Tableau or equivalent
• Experience using CRM, Sale Compensation system, and various data warehouse systems
• Familiarity with general statistical and data science concepts
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• Advanced problem-solving skills for difficult and complex issues
• Ability to present complex results in a clear, concise and enticing manner that encourages action.
• Experience communicating results to senior business leaders
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines, and provide well-vetted reporting and business recommendations
• Experience with statistical tools such as R or SAS and a working knowledge of programing languages like Python.
• Financial or accounting background, exposure to sales commissions and revenue recognition topics
• MBA or advanced degree preferred
• Background working with, and supporting, field facing organizations
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.