Sr. Robotics Software Engineer, Amazon Scout Testing & Quality
- San Francisco, CA
Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system - Amazon Scout - designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. The team is working toward dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
We need versatile, curious, and motivated engineers to help define the way we build and test our products and features in a start-up like environment. You will , build, and maintain a test and infrastructure that enables the delivery of high- , in collaboration with top-notch research scientists, developers, and hardware engineers. If you are passionate about pioneering new technologies for the world, inventing something new, and delivering great , we want to talk to you.
As a Senior Engineer for Test you will join the team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned professionals developing innovative consumer-centric product solutions. In this role, you will:
• Design and develop testing systems for continuous deployment
• Review interfaces for conformity and functionality
• Write code for hardware-in-the loop tests
• Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs on robot hardware through resolution
• Integrate with -engine based simulation systems for rapid evaluation of performance
• Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for in every phase of the process
• Work with Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or similar technical field
• 7+ years of experience as a Engineer in Test (SDET)
• Experience developing in at least one OO language - C#/, Python
• Experienced in and test automation
• Demonstrated experience in test and development
• Experience building test and deployment frameworks from scratch.
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Strong, - and coding skills
• Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum methodologies
• Experience influencing engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience building and designing test cases
• Experience testing the , subsystems, and space applications
• Experience with open source test tools, make files and build scripts
• API testing including working experience with unit test frameworks
• Master's degree preferred
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top