Sr Robotics Automation Engineer
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Within our Worldwide Ops Robotics department, our Advanced Technology team is looking for a Sr. Robotics Automation Engineer to be a hands-on technical leader to collaborate with engineering managers, product management and/or program management to drive new product development programs from concept to deployment. This high-visibility role will conceive, design and develop innovative products for e-commerce operations that may include robotics, mechatronic sortation solutions, packaging automation, AGVs, storage or other hardware solutions.
• Serve as technical lead within a multi-disciplinary team that includes vendors, integrators, and software engineers and develop emerging requirements for products.
• Develop business case, application, and theory of operations and write papers for senior management.
• Drive product definition, execution and testing.
• Identify and validate product risks and work with team to mitigate them.
• Define test methodology and test coverage to assure product reliability.
• Perform test validation of our next generation of products.
• Engage with vendors and technology suppliers to evaluate and select technology applicable to the e-commerce industry.
• Conduct verification testing and performance validation.
• Provide up-to-date, accurate information to colleagues and management.
• Mentor and coach new engineers and interns.
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Engineering, Material Science, Physics or related field and five years of experience in job offered, or in operations engineering, manufacturing, e-commerce logistics or related occupation as equivalent to the Master's degree and one year of experience.
• 7+ years of experience in either the development or integration of hardware solutions for e-commerce or manufacturing or the deployment of hardware solution in an e-commerce or manufacturing environment.
• 10+ years of experience in either the development or integration of hardware solutions for e-commerce or manufacturing or the deployment of hardware solution in an e-commerce or manufacturing environment.
• Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Engineering, Material Science, Physics, or a related field and one year of experience in the job offered, or in operations engineering, manufacturing, e-commerce logistics or related occupation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top