Sr. Risk Manager, Dangerous Goods Policy
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To pursue our goal, we need to grow in a safe and compliant manner for both our Customers, Partners, and our Associates. We need exceptionally talented, bright, and persistent people to help us develop our Dangerous Goods (DG) policy program.
The DG team is looking for a motivated Risk Manager with strong organizational, analytical and communication capabilities. The successful candidate must have a passion to dive-deep into processes to support Amazon's DG program grow in a safe manner. To execute on this objective, the Risk Manager must work with significant autonomy to gain clarity in the face of ambiguity and must work across multiple stakeholder teams to collect, evaluate, and consolidate inputs into a cohesive message.
The Sr. Dangerous Goods Risk Manger is responsible for:
• Working across teams such as transportation services, operations, delivery experience, technology, and legal, to collect, document, and standardize our DG practices, and processes to ensure global alignment of Amazons DG transportation operations.
• Improving DG governance and minimizing compliance risk by building a strong process documentation framework.
• Producing clear, concise and comprehensive DG policies for internal and external stakeholders. Researching and understand global DG regulations to ensure Amazon policies are written to comply with these requirements.
• Leveraging strong written and verbal communication skills to socialize DG policies and build awareness across Amazon. This includes sharing DG program improvement recommendations at senior levels of leadership to gain alignment and buy-in.
• Demonstrating excellent judgment and instincts in decision-making and proactively and continually improving their level of knowledge about Amazon's business, its platform, and relevant technologies.
• Identifying areas for improvement in the Worldwide DG program and delivering recommendations for the safe and compliant transportation of DG.
• Benchmarking DG industry best practices to ensure the safety of our ever-changing borderless business model(s). Coordinating virtual global teams to guide global implementation and change management of DG processes and policies.
• Must possess a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations/Supply Chain, Organizational Behavior, or other relevant field from an accredited university.
• 6+ years of professional experience in Transportation management, Supply chain, Regulatory or other related field.
• Must possess a high degree of fluency in written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including senior leadership.
• Exposure with process documentation for ex "Process mapping" and standard operating procedures or other technical documents.
• A demonstrated track record of asking the right questions to deeply understand a situation, options/benefits/risks.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects including prioritization, planning and task delegation across teams while delivering results.
• Policy & Technical writing experience.
• Dangerous goods, Compliance, and/or project management experience.
• Experience with Six Sigma/Lean or Project Management. Black Belt or PMP certification.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top