Sr. RF Test Automation Development Engineer
- Redmond, WA
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
As a Sr. Test Automation Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and design innovative product solutions. You will work closely with colleagues throughout Project Kuiper's inter-disciplinary team, and engage third party suppliers, in order to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and optimization. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for developing microwave/RF subsystems for use in space.
In this role you will:
• Work within a RF hardware team to gather requirements, design test plans, applicable test cases as well as scheduling of tests.
• Review test plan with various stakeholders to ensure accuracy and traceability to system requirements.
• Design and implement test bed for testing various microwave radios.
• Ensure test equipment and test bed are properly calibrated.
• Write test software in SCPI, NI LabView, Python or similar language, to automate lab equipment
• Work with design team to feedback test results.
• Execute test plans.
• Prepare test reports that are clear, accurate, and easily understood.
• Ensure all test data is cataloged and uploaded to repository for reference.
• Work with integration test group as necessary.
• Update code as requested by design team.
• Evaluates test equipment vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or applicable experience.
• 7+ years of experience with test automation software, such as Labview, Test Stand, Python, matlab.
• 7+ years of experience with RF hardware.
• 5+ years Experience with testing microwave hardware for high volume production.
• 5+ years experience in development of test automation software.
• Understanding of basic RF concepts, such as dB, dBm, dBW, matching, gain, noise figure, ACLR, etc.
• Experience with RF test equipment, like network analyzers, signal analyzers, spectrum analyzers, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top