* Note: This job is located in Hudson, MA
We are looking for a Senior RF System Engineer to develop solutions that require significant innovation for our Amazon Dash Cart team, located in Hudson, MA. We are all currently working remotely due to COVID-19 until the end of June.
Amazon Dash Cart allows shoppers to checkout without lines you just place the items in the cart and the cart will take care of the rest. When you're done shopping, you leave the store through a designated dash lane. We charge the payment method in your Amazon account as you walk through the dash lane and send you a receipt. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Dash Cart uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Check it out at https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=21289116011.
As a senior RF System Engineer within our team, you will engage with a skilled and accomplished cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative technologies. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to drive key aspects of technology solution definition, execution and validation. Some of the key job functions of the senior RF systems engineer include:
• Take full responsibility of delivering Wi-Fi, BT, and other RF technologies solutions for various products by working with cross-functional teams from various engineering disciplines
• Take the product through prototyping, architecture, design, development, compliance testing, mass-production, and sustaining
• Design, simulate, implement, validate, and optimize RF circuits or sub-systems (including schematic capture and PCB layout)
• Perform simulations for RF design and de-sense mitigation (3D EM and circuit level simulations)
• Characterize and debug de-sense and EMI issues to meet requirements
• Perform multi-radio coexistence mitigation including RF link budget planning and issue debugging
• Write functional specifications and develop/implement design verification plans and test procedures at factory
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering with some RF and antenna coursework or research, or related field with 7+ years' industry experience as a RF system engineer
• Experience in wireless system design and architecture, system integration, test, debugging, and de-sense analysis
• Hands-on experience with RF lab equipment including VNA, power meters, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators
• Hands on experience with one of the mainstream antenna simulation tools (CST, or HFSS...)
• Experience in programming in MATLAB, Python or C++/C#
• Experience in engaging, working with, and managing vendors and suppliers to deliver in fast-paced technical environment
• MS in electrical engineering with RF- or antenna-related research with 5+ years' industry experience as a RF system engineer
• Comprehensive knowledge of the set-up and operation of complex RF test equipment and test protocol required for RF design validation and Compliance
• Strong analytical and methodological root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills
• In-depth understanding of antenna design limitations and practical implementation techniques
• Proven track record of product development experience in consumer electronics
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.