Sr. Reliability Engineer
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we're constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver their orders. We are inventing the next-generation smart delivery operation by combining cutting-edge hardware technologies (sensors, embedded devices, wearables, and robotics) and data stream analytics (video, vehicle telematics, location, and presence) to create solutions that allow us to deliver faster, and with better customer experience. Are you interested in applying your research, engineering development, and data-science skills to improving the reliability of our Amazon delivery hardware and delight our customers? If so, then this is the job you.
As a Senior Reliability Engineer, you will be leading reliability of new delivery hardware. Following are the responsibilities of this role:
• Define new test specifications, methodology and test coverage to assure product reliability. Conduct use case studies and develop reliability requirements for the new hardware in the automotive environment.
• Identify and validate product risks and work with design teams to mitigate them
• Provide hands-on experimental design and test execution
• Perform reliability prediction of failure mechanisms on products under development and products in the field. Conduct continuous analysis of the fleet data and feedback to the engineering team on design trade-offs
• Model the hardware architecture for data collection and perform analysis to predict reliability, availability and maintainability. Provide valuable insights for key business and technical decisions such as defining operating boundaries and predictive or condition-based maintenance.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Reliability Engineering or related fields or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience in reliability engineering
• Experience in the area of robotics, automation, space, automotive and/or any large systems industry.
• Experience with hardware reliability testing such as vibration & shock testing, fatigue testing, electrical stress testing, ESD testing, and thermal stress testing
• Experience in System reliability analysis methodologies such as model-based analysis, Reliability Growth Analysis (RGA), Maintainability and Availability etc.
• Experience in data and statistical analysis. Able to perform reliability analysis such as lifetime analysis, accelerated factor studies, reliability modeling and reliability allocation
• Capable to use reliability tools such as FMEA, Fishbone, FTAs, RBDs, DOEs and Six-sigma methods to build reliable products
• Familiar with data analysis tools such as JMP, Reliasoft, Matlab, Minitab or able to code and script in Python, R or other analysis languages
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Able to deep dive into physics of failure and resolve challenges independently.
• Strong communication skills in writing and presenting
• Master's or PhD degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Reliability Engineering or related fields or equivalent experience
• Experience with failure analysis techniques: Cross sectioning, dye and pry and microscopy
• Knowledge of reliability and quality industry standards for packaging materials.
• Experience with development of reliability test requirements based on modeling of use case conditions
• Experience in materials modeling and simulations
• Knowledge of reliability and quality standards from IEC, IEEE, ISO, ANSI, ASTM and JEDEC.
• Cross-organizational communication - comfortable evangelizing ideas and concerns clearly and persuasively, in both verbal and written forms.
• This position will require some travel
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top