Equal parts advisor and operating partner, the Business Coach (BC) team supports Amazon Last Mile's growing network of independent owners called Delivery Service Partners (DSPs) as they build and grow successful last mile package delivery businesses during a transformational time.
The Senior Manager will lead an account management team of BCs and their Managers supporting Canada as we identify value-creation opportunities for DSPs and support them through all stages of their business lifecycle. As trusted advisors, BCs work alongside DSPs to help solve their biggest challenges at a programmatic level, to influence business planning and strategy, to drive accountability and engagement, and to look around corners to identify obstacles and recommend solutions as DSPs build healthy businesses.
About Amazon Logistics
At Amazon Logistics (AMZL), our goal is to provide customers with an incredible package delivery experience through the last mile of the order. To achieve this goal, we partner with a network of small independent delivery businesses (Delivery Service Providers) and the independent contractor community (Amazon Flex) to deliver customer orders. Utilizing continuous improvement initiatives and creative thinking, our Delivery Station teams ensure that millions of packages reach their destination as efficiently as possible
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Senior Manager, you will lead a team of 2-4 Managers. These managers lead teams of 6-12 BCs who each support a portfolio of 20-40 DSPs working in a network of delivery stations across all of Canada. Our BCs and their Managers are data-driven, index high on ownership and provide support for owners by improving financial, operational, and safety practices at the network level. You'll collaborate with a diverse array of internal stakeholders including regional operations leaders, program managers, and compliance, legal, and Network Health teams to ensure DSPs launch, scale, and run businesses in line with program requirements while maintaining quality performance outcomes. You'll work into complex problems, developing data-driven insights, delivering recommendations in tandem with multiple stakeholders, and delivering improvements at the network level to create a high-quality DSP experience.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
A Senior Manager, Business Coach will ask the right questions to assess root cause, have relationship management skills as part of managing through influence, and index on ownership to transform ideas into action.
• People management skills for long-term business goals as well as hiring and developing top talent.
• Relationship management with a managing significantly complex problems and escalations.
• Drive change, structuring solutions, and defining success criteria in a dynamic business environment which will lead to strategic plans and documents for the organization.
Role can be based out of Vancouver or Toronto
• Bachelor's degree.
• 12+ years of relevant work experience in account or relationship management, general management, or supplier/vendor management, demonstrating scope and impact and an ability to handle complexity
• MBA or other advanced graduate degree.
• Experience working with small business owners.
• 8+ years building and leading high-performing teams of 6+ directs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .