Join us as we prepare to launch a new Amazon Physical Stores concept! We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that customers will love. If you're interested in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and highly-collaborative environment that's more start-up than big company, we want to talk to you.
The Sr. Program Manager will provide support for Amazon's physical retail locations through strategic planning, project management, and real estate life cycle management. They will work with business leaders to execute on short- and long-term strategies and collaborate with internal stakeholders to build processes and tools allowing us to scale.
• Drive new store expansion process improvements; enable streamlining to achieve operational excellence, bench marking, and development and tracking of key performance metrics.
• Own real estate life cycle end to end and clearly communicate procedural updates to wider real estate team.
• Develop and implement pipeline management tracking and mechanisms to scale and easily identify issues.
• Identify areas of risk to project timelines, and escalate to program leadership in a timely manner.
• Work with cross-functional partners to establish best practices and procedures; proactively identify blockers to remove.
• Own key real estate tools and development of new tools (including but not limited to key legal, financial, real estate, and bench marking tools).
• Support processes to gather legal, policy and other requirements, assess them for completeness, and translate them for teams, stakeholders, and sponsors who will address and implement those requirements.
• Implement and document controls and processes to manage the transfer and sharing of data.
• Present and articulate real estate status and progress to senior leadership; moderate real estate-owned meetings.
• Consistently challenge practices to insure the team is consistently raising the bar on its performance and operational excellence.
• Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of professional or military experience
• 5+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel
• Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Architecture, Planning or related field.
• 5+ years' experience in real estate program management, finance or strategic planning role.
• Expertise in real estate transactions, property leasing, project management, and strategic planning.
• Strong communications, presentation, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to understand the audience and customer.
• Experience developing and implementing process improvements to streamline projects.
• Advanced data analysis skills.
• Relentlessly high standards and attention to detail.
• Strong ability to work in an ambiguous environment, identify and solve novel problems, and manage change.
• Master's Degree in Real Estate, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Architecture, Planning or related field.
• 7+ years' experience in real estate program management, finance or strategic planning role.
• Ability to effectively communicate Amazon requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.).
• A track record of delivering high-quality projects in an atmosphere where speed, flexibility, and heavy workload are the expected norm.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us