Amazon's Last Mile Technology team is looking for an experienced QA engineer to work closely with product and engineering teams to develop test plans and author that ensures the best customer . Since Day 1, Amazon has focused on providing new and different technologies to solve challenges and support super-fast delivery in the last mile delivery space. Last Mile Technology ensures the most customer-centric possible from the time a customer places an order with Amazon to the time the package reaches its customer. As an Amazonian, it is our culture to be a leader and drive innovation in this space.
Building on that concept, an important part of Amazon's global transportation and logistics network is Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex connects Amazon customers to the products and services they love by enabling individuals to be their own boss while earning money delivering Amazon.com, Prime Now, AmazonFresh and Amazon Restaurants orders. Delivery partners use their own vehicles and set their own schedule via the Amazon Flex app (available on Android and iOS devices), freeing up time to pursue their goals and dreams, such as finishing school, building a business or spending time with their family. Amazon Flex allows Amazon to ramp up quickly to meet customer demand for businesses like Prime Now where we see interesting peaks in volume.
Software QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs use black box, gray box, and white box techniques; they understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and user-level test tools. As a QA Engineer on our team, you will work side by side with Software Development Engineers and Product Managers to develop features and evaluate technical implementation. You will also work with groups such as Product Management, User Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models to develop your test plans and test suites that exercise real-world scenarios.
• Responsible for creation of test strategies and methodologies for new features, test case development and hand-off to regression team for execution
• Work with developers, product managers, and QA team members to achieve a high quality bar for your feature and team
• 6+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• 8+ years on mobile applications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent working in software development or quality organizations, writing QA tools and automated tests for web-based and mobile applications
• Experience Android and/or iOS applications
• Experience Web Application Platforms
• Ability to understand technical specifications, designs and code.
• Experience working with internationalized products, and internationalization frameworks.
• Self-driven to improve test coverage and effectiveness
• Ability to understand and passion for utilizing mobile devices
• Ability to quickly learn and apply complex technical information to mobile situations.
• Adaptability and attention to finalizing details and duties amidst aggressive time challenges.
• Proven track record to creating and executing on highly effective quality processes
• Experience driving end-to-end software quality
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
• Experience in writing test plans, test , or test cases.
• Is innovative, can simplify, and has relentlessly high standards
• Can juggle of multiple releases with multiple dependencies
• Able to handle an extremely fast pace while maintaining the highest quality standards