Sr. Proposal Writer - AWS Commercial
- Osaka, Japan
Would you like to accelerate cloud computing adoption at the Enterprise level? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with Enterprises that are reinventing their IT strategy with AWS cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, industry experience, and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
The AWS Proposal Technical Writer is an integral part of the Commercial Proposals team. The Technical Writer is in a key position to help grow our cloud computing business and make an impact in an exciting, growing market. The Technical Writer is responsible for researching and documenting internal AWS information and drafting clear, concise, accurate, and compliant responses to RFP/RFI, partner, and customer inquiries. In addition, this person is responsible for working with the broader Capture and Proposal team to maintain a library of approved content and ensure that this content is updated on a continuous basis.
The Proposal Technical Writer role requires a collaborative team member who can effectively work across all levels of AWS, gathering information and producing critical content under tight deadlines. The candidate must be able to proactively engage with key AWS stakeholders to ensure that all written content is appropriate and up to the highest quality standards, while maintaining complete fidelity to accuracy and proper handling of sensitive data. The Technical Writer must be an outstanding writer with the ability to convey complex technical solution, security, and compliance information within the Enterprise IT / Cloud Computing domain space in a highly readable, customer-focused format. The Technical Writer must be able understand RFP/RFI requirements, synthesize technical discussions with AWS technical resources and leverage existing documentation to develop effective, compelling responses including both written and graphic content.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work directly with the Proposal Managers to identify required content for responses
• Develop win themes and technical discriminators, working with supporting AWS stakeholders specific to RFx opportunities.
• Effectively utilize pre-approved documentation to address recurring content inquiries and develop tailored RFx responses
• Engages with Account Executives, Partner Development Managers, Solution Architects and other AWS technical resources to draft content for RFx responses and other required documentation for partners and customers
• Engages with key AWS stakeholders to conduct research, develop appropriate content, and garner approvals
• Organizes material and completes all writing assignments in a timely manner with quality and adherence to both RFx and internal AWS standards
• Build a library of approved proposal content for quick-turnaround opportunities.
• Documents and maintains a library of approved content, which is updated continuously
• Drives and organizes proposal content on content management system to maximize reuse effectiveness and utility
• Reviews final documents for editing and content review
• Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals
• This role can be filled virtually, however preferred locations are New York, NY or Herndon/Arlington, VA
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited University
• 10+ years of enterprise technical writing experience
• 5+ years working in a technical enterprise environment working with technical leaders, software developers, solution architects, etc.
• Proficiency in MS Word
• Ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions in a written context.
• Experience with proposal content management systems
• Experience with financial services, banking, insurance, and/or large enterprise customers.
• Strong organization skills for content management and collaboration
• Excellent technical writing skills and ability to create new content in response to emerging requirements while leveraging approved content and approaches
• Experience in the Enterprise IT / Cloud Computing industry
• Experience with graphics applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, MS Visio or similar graphics tools
• Ability to work with company stakeholders across functional competencies and management levels
• Ability to review and correct material for content, style, and compliance with internal and external standards
• Ability to document complex technical, legal, and compliance concepts and processes in a clear and concise manner in both written and graphic formats
• Strong eye for grammatical, spelling, and other editing errors
• Proven ability to meet aggressive timelines with limited resources
• Capability to handle sensitive material in compliance with all internal and external requirements
• Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals.
• Graduate degree
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top