Would you like to accelerate cloud computing adoption at the Enterprise level? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with worldwide public sector organizations who are reinventing their IT strategy with AWS cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience, and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As a Bid and Proposal Manager for the Worldwide Public Sector team at AWS, you lead our effort to deliver game-changing solutions to U.S. National Security customers. You have the exciting opportunity to create strategies to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon RDS, etc). Your responsibilities include working with members of the AWS Capture and Sales teams to develop winning, innovative proposals including written responses for RFIs/RFQs/RFPs (RFx); oral presentations and demonstrations; and unsolicited documents and white papers.
The candidate should possess demonstrated public sector proposal management and technical writing experience and the B&P process development and leadership necessary to effectively support a high growth business. You have an industry background that enables you to develop win themes and technical discriminators for inclusion into proposals; a contracts background that enables you to easily interact with legal staff, as well as a technical background that enables you to easily interact with technical leaders and solutions architects. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions in a written context. You should be familiar with US Government acquisition guidelines, have supported US federal pursuits, and be experienced with federal RFx compliance requirements.
• This position requires that the candidate selected be a US citizen and currently possess and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• Demonstrated writing skills.
• 6+ years of proposal management experience supporting proposal responses to RFx opportunities.
• Degree required.
• Customer-focused and self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
• Understanding of government procurement and contract vehicles.
• Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers.
• The ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals.
• Candidate will have excellent writing skills, be both technical and and possess substantial experience supporting proposal responses to RFx opportunities.
• Advanced degree.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/defense/