Come be a part of a rapidly expanding $25 billion dollar global business. At Amazon Business, we set out every day to innovate and disrupt the status quo. We stand at the intersection of tech and retail in the B2B space developing innovative purchasing and procurement solutions to help businesses and organizations reimagine buying. Bring your insight, imagination and a healthy disregard for the impossible. Join us in building and celebrating the value of Amazon Business to buyers and sellers of all sizes, unlocking our potential worldwide.
Do you have a passion for Public Sector and driving innovation to transform this growing part of Amazon Business? Are you an expert in solving customer problems, identifying new opportunities and building long-term strategies that excite and drive change for established and new customers? The Amazon Business Public Sector team is seeking a talented and highly motivated Sr. Proposal Manger to work on the Public Sector Bid/Capture team. Your responsibilities include working with members of the AB sales, technical, legal, and bid/capture teams, as well as other internal subject matter experts, to develop winning, innovative proposals including written responses for RFIs/RFQs/RFPs (RFx); oral presentations and demonstrations; and unsolicited documents and white papers.
The ideal candidate possesses demonstrated public sector proposal management and proposal writing experience; is highly determined and motivated in driving teams towards defined (and often rushed and high-visibility) deliverables; and has the proposal process development and leadership background necessary to effectively support a dynamic and rapidly growing business. Candidates should have industry background that enables them to develop win themes and technical discriminators for inclusion into proposals and a contracts background that enables them to easily interact with legal staff. Candidates should also be able to think strategically about Amazon Business' mission, products, and technical challenges, with the demonstrated ability to build and convey compelling value propositions in a written context. The candidate should be familiar with public sector acquisition guidelines and be experienced with RFx compliance requirements.
This position will be based in Northern VA (Arlington), Austin, TX, or Seattle, WA.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Serve as a member of the Amazon Business Public Sector team leading proposal responses to RFx opportunities.
• Educate the sales team on interpreting and accessing RFx opportunities to arrive at a bid/no-bid decision and leverage existing cooperative contracts.
• Execute the RFx proposal response plan while working with key internal stakeholders/subject matter experts (e.g., bid and capture, sales, technical team, marketing, service teams, legal, contracts, compliance, finance, etc.).
• Contribute to RFP response requirements and ensure proposal compliance, and act as the primary interface for RFx response efforts.
• Build a library of approved proposal content.
• Be a thought leader with preparing/developing proposal responses, win themes, technical discriminators, pricing, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Demonstrated writing skills, be both technical and analytical, and possess 6+ years of proposal management experience supporting proposal responses to RFx opportunities
• A background with government contracting officials, systems integrators, prime contractors, subcontractors, and resellers
• Customer-focused and self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Postgraduate Degree or Equivalent Experience
• Good understanding of government procurement and contract vehicles
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.