Amazon is seeking an experienced and detail oriented Sr. Project Engineer. This individual will deep-dive and challenge current processes, equipment, and procedures, in our North American fulfillment network, in order to come up with creative process improvement initiatives. This individual will also concept and design development of new and existing fulfillment center layouts.
Successful candidates will be natural self-starters who have prior engineering experience in design, modeling, process improvement, estimating and managing new fulfillment center conception and design process. This individual will provide leadership in managing the process and working across multiple internal and external customers. The Sr. Project Engineer would be agile with the ability to change plans and keep driving relentlessly. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design and develop engineering solutions for complex material handling challenges considering human/equipment interactions for the North America fulfillment network
• Lead and coordinate design development efforts for optimal solutions for the North America fulfillment network through equipment specification, material flow, process design, ergonomics, associate experience, operational considerations and site layout
• Develop, document and update design standards in conjunction with worldwide design teams
• Work closely with vendors, suppliers and other teams to come up with innovative solutions
• Simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors
• Conduct post mortem on designs after implementation in partnering with Safety and Operations
• Manage work load and potentially direct two to three engineers•
• Ability to travel up to 30%
Position is responsible to interface with all organizations within the company. Works closely with North America Start-up, North America Launch team, Worldwide Design team, North America Procurement, Information Technology, Loss Prevention, Facilities, Safety, Change Management and North America
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Process Engineering or related field is required
• 8+ years of experience in working with AutoCAD and designing processes
• Advanced AutoCAD skills
• Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organizational capacity needs
• MBA or Master's Degree or other advanced degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Process Engineering or related field preferred
• Experience in Auto CAD 3D
• Experience in using advanced simulation modeling tools (Flexsim, Arena, Simio, etc)
• Experience in running SQL querries and data mining
• Experience in engineering and estimating material handling and storage systems
• Operations Management/ Fulfillment/Distribution Center experience preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $109,500 - 160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.