Sr Program Manager-ACES
- Bangalore, India
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation.
This is your chance to make history.
Business Area: Operations
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
ACES managers are focused on supporting Sort Centers (SCs) improvements made on behalf of Amazon customers, to drive into standardization efforts, act as liaisons with other departments, provide process skills to the SCs, support SC launches, support SC Kaizen Events in their areas of expertise, and to run and coordinate cross-functional projects for successful implementation across the SCs.
The process owner's mission is to help SCs succeed in scaling operations whilst meeting performance commitments through working hard and smart to strengthen standardization, by developing process improvement leaders with dive-deep process skills, by running and coordinating the top business efforts/projects and by supporting mechanisms generating a daily Kaizen culture of continuous root cause elimination, such as implementing improvements resulting from abnormalities identified in standard work initiatives.
The Regional ACES manager will be supporting all SCs in region. He/She will be working with site ACES managers and site leadership to
• Deploy the SC Benchmarking processes which have been adapted for India to train ops leaders and establish sustainable mechanism in INSCs.
• Use the PDCA methodology to drive small scale improvements in processes
• Use the Kaizen methodology to drive large scale process improvements or reduction in costs.
• Sustain roll out of CI essentials and Kaizen essentials training to managers.
• Align with WW ACES attempt to use "Amazonian terminology for ACES tools". Develop robust systems and train operators to drive the value we expect Area Organization and Area Readiness
• Previous experience in operational logistics/supply chain, manufacturing, transportation, general management or engineering role
• Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen technique
• Ability to travel up to 50% of time to analyze, implement, monitor best practice solutions.
• Excellent analytical skills to evaluate complex processes and financial scenarios.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Demonstrate strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment, whilst also being able to handle multiple projects.
• Sound business acumen
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and related software
• Fluent in English
• Graduation in any subject
Operations Manager experience in an Amazon SC
Back to top