Sr. Program Manager, Transportation Network Long-term Planning
- Atlanta, GA
PLEASE NOTE: This role can sit in either Seattle/Bellevue, WA OR Nashville, TN. Relocation is REQUIRED.
Are you curious to learn about the U.S. largest e-commerce retailer's transportation business? Are you intrigued by challenges that involve analyzing the data, communicating with cross-functional teams and finding solutions to the real world transportation problems with long term solves? Do you want to optimize a transportation network with innovative ideas? Then, this job is for you.
The Amazon Transportation Services Supply Strategy Program Management (SSPM) team is responsible for determining the amount, placement, and type of supply that the Amazon Middle Mile (NA) network needs to achieve the lowest cost network for weeks, months, and years ahead. We partner closely with research scientists, data scientists, software teams, analysts, product, and program managers of all levels to create a plan of record, benchmark, manage variability risks, improve tools and analytic approaches, and close execution gaps.
This role will give the candidate the ability to influence and drive organization level decisions across various levels of leadership in a highly complex, ambiguous, and impactful space. We are looking for Program Managers with a strong delivery record, strong analytical skills, and proven project management experience to own strategic long term planning, tactical, and cross-functional and technology projects and programs within Amazon Transportation Services.
• Manage full lifecycle of complex cross-functional programs with considerable impact across multiple organizations
• Development of the overall program strategy, tactically driving teams in and outside of your organization to deliver
• Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics
• Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
• Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
• Partner with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
• Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.)
• Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
• Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
• Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects
• Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
• Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
• Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
Want to learn more about working with Amazon Transportation Services? Check out this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en5YqrtBGvY&feature=youtu.be
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or related field
• 5+ years of experience in program management, logistics, operations, supply chain, or transportation or equivalent professional or military experience
• Demonstrated experience leading and owning cross-functional programs
• Demonstrated experience owning the design, implementation, and optimization of initiatives
• Experience with data mining and data analysis
• Experience using Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, macros, index/match, vlookup, VBA, data links, etc.
• Experience with analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau, or Microsoft Access
• MBA/MS and work experience in dedicated project management highly desired
• Practical application of program management methodology including PMP/Lean Six Sigma/Kaizen
• Advanced knowledge of analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau, MS Excel, or Microsoft Access
• Demonstrated ability working in an ambiguous environment
• Experience handling changing priorities and using good judgment when working in stressful situations
• Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic, and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
• Proven ability to influence internal/external stakeholders without authority to adopt new processes/initiatives
• Executive level written and oral communication skills
• High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities simultaneously
• Demonstrated success in thinking strategically and executing methodically
• Analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Demonstrated experience communicating data insights to others, including use of data visualization tools
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business and the competitive landscape
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top