Sr Program Manager, Studio Strategy & Operations, Amazon Studios Europe
- Tokyo, Japan
Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
We are seeking a Senior Program Manager to help establish and build our business and operational capabilities across Europe, driving the organization towards increased success on our content KPIs (e.g. quality, scope, schedule, budgets, and performance) and leveraging them to scale as the Studio grows across Europe and worldwide. This individual will balance a mix of operational, programmatic, and strategic responsibilities in support of the Europe leadership team and the wider Amazon Studios Europe organization. The role is highly strategic and will fully own business critical projects in support of the development and creation of our Amazon Europe Originals. Examples of such projects among others could include: studios operating plan for expansion territories; strategy around first look and overall deals; future state org design; centralized tool to automate the tracking, distribution, and reporting of information across the entire show lifecycle. The Senior Program Manager will work cross-functionally to define project scope, gather business requirements, perform analysis, identify necessary resources, collaborate with senior stakeholders, assign individual responsibilities, manage functional and project progress, and develop the milestones to ensure timely and successful delivery of the project. In addition, the individual will be responsible for assessing and managing risks, anticipating and resolving bottlenecks, providing escalation management, making tradeoffs, contributing strategic insight into viability, and balancing business needs with budget or timelines constraints. This role will have diverse exposure to senior leadership as well as all parts of the organization.
• Understand our long-term creative and operational vision and goal for the Studio, and manage keystone projects in service of that mission.• Establish and improve our business and decision-making processes that affect the organization across the entire show lifecycle, from development to greenlight through release.
• Conduct critical organizational design work to asses and optimize our structure to best meet our business and content output goals, finding ways to keep overhead as low as possible, leverage technology, and ensure human capital is applied towards the highest value functions and outputs.
• Work cross functionally with senior leadership in Amazon Studios and Prime Video as well as all functional teams such as: creative development, content licensing, business affairs, legal, production, music, marketing, public relations, finance, accounting, data science, analytics, public policy, research, and programming to identify new initiatives and drive them through execution.
• Perform complex analysis and create business driving documents that surface key learnings and recommend new content business initiatives.
• Develop and deploy customer data and dashboards to enable strategy and decision-making.
• Track, monitor, and report progress on our strategic, operational, and performance goals.
• Drive and author weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews to track progress, manage escalations to senior leadership, and continuously drive the organization towards our goals.
• Experience owning program strategy and end to end delivery
• Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
• Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
• Experience defining and executing against program requirements
• Experience in program or project management
• Experience delivering cross functional projects
• Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Multiple years of experience in management consulting, strategy, business operations, program management, or business development.
• Experience leading project teams to achieve short, medium, and long-term goals.
• Experience creating business plans, gaining approval, and overseeing projects from inception through to completion.
• Experience using complex data analysis to inform key business decisions, using tools such as Microsoft Excel or similar software.
• Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent is preferred.
• A passion for content, story-telling, technology, and creators.
• Prior work experience in the media and entertainment business.
• A working knowledge of the European and Global TV/Film industry and emerging content trends.
• The ability to communicate clearly, both verbal and written, in order to influence multiple internal stakeholders, including senior management.
• Confident capabilities and demonstrated bias for action in problem solving and issue-resolution with ambiguous or time sensitive projects.
• Experience owning program strategy and end-to-end delivery.
• The skill to understand and discuss both business and technical concepts, manage trade-off decisions, and evaluate new ideas.
• Ability to build trust with all teams, onboarding ideas and pushing back to ensure project success.
• Ability to balance creative content strategy and business goals to best meet our organizational objectives.
• A passion to innovate and simplify, fostering a culture of positive improvement.
• Fluency in or familiarity with German, French, Spanish, and/or Italian.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top