The COVID Resource Center (CRC) centrally handles all COVID reporting and case management for North America, including assisting employees impacted by the virus and ensuring that appropriate actions are taken to keep Amazonians safe. The CRC Operations team is responsible for answering policy questions and processing absence claims for Amazonians who need to take time away from work due to COVID. We operate with empathy, speed, and attention to detail we are passionate about helping our fellow Amazonians. We are seeking a motivated, analytically driven Risk and Compliance professional.
The Risk & Compliance manager is responsible for managing Amazon's compliance risks globally, from identifying and assessing the impact/likelihood of the risk, coordinating stakeholders, escalating and reporting to leadership, establishing a vision for compliance, implementing that vision, and developing metrics to monitor and test compliance. This role will work with global HR/WHS policy, process, and system owners to manage complex requirements, controls, and risk issues. This includes researching legal and regulatory obligations with legal teams, working with project teams to translate legal and regulatory obligations into system or process requirements, monitoring the effectiveness of controls designed to meet obligations on a regular, and ongoing basis, and developing and leading remediation plans to mitigate risk. The ideal candidate is highly organized, builds trusting relationships with internal stakeholders at various levels across the organization, adapts quickly to changing demands, demonstrates critical inquiry, attention to detail, and effectively articulates recommendations/conclusions verbally and written. Knowledge of human resources processes and risk/compliance management concepts, particularly in an international and healthcare context, are preferred.
• Consult with global legal, HR, and business teams to ensure that sound protocols are in place to mitigate risks.
• Provide regular written reports to senior HR and Legal leadership on risk and compliance issues
• Monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop and own action plans to remediate identified risk issues.
• Develop deep knowledge of the employee engagement solution(s) utilized by Amazon, consult on the development of business requirements for new system implementations and enhancements.
• Draft written narratives to communicate obligations, risk analyses, and recommendations to HR policy, process, and system owners and senior stakeholders.
• Consult on supporting documentation such as manager and employee communications, FAQs, and standard operating processes.
• Respond to inquiries and escalations as a Subject Matter Expert.
• Manage other HR Risk & Compliance projects as needed.
• Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary
• Build cross-functional partnerships and influence stakeholders across the organization to act without having a direct reporting relationship
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 5+ years experience in HR, compliance, or risk management role
• 5+ years of experience quantitative research or analysis
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics or related field
• Master's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics or related field
• Advanced degree in a related area (MSHR, MBA, JD)
• Certification in HR or Risk/Compliance field
• Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
• Proven analytical capabilities
• Experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams