Sr. Program Manager, Program Management
Amazon's Worldwide Technology Deployment team is working to transform how we delight customers by driving strategic technology innovations in our operations globally. We are a fast paced highly innovative engineering team working with our internal product teams to build software and hardware solutions to enable Amazon's future growth and scale. We are looking for an analytical, driven leader to lead high impact global scale portfolio of technology programs for Amazon Worldwide operations. We are looking for a Senior Program Manager with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to provide strategic leadership and ownership of a portfolio of technology transformation projects in partnership with our internal product development organizations and our operations customers. In this role you will work directly with top operations leadership to prioritize and develop a global technology deployment strategy and then support internal PMO leaders in execution of this strategy. This role also owns global standards, processes, and project management methods for a product family portfolio.
One of the key enablers of our global strategy is developing a strong Program Management Office (PMO) function. The primary objective of this group is to support the growth of Worldwide Tech Deployment programs by building a global and scalable platform that includes standard tools and processes. The objective of this role is to lead this team and to develop and implement standardized tools and processes that set standards for how projects are run. This role will also ensure project management standards are followed, gather project data and production of information for management review, provide a source of guidance and advice for project managers, and manage and facilitate the portfolio management process.
In addition to having previous strategy and project management experience, the ideal candidate will be a creative and analytical training leader ready to contribute non-traditional ideas that will influence the evolution and centralization of our technology programs. They will interact at all levels, requiring strong communication skills plus the ability to influence and convey complex issues in a simple way that drives the right organization effort and decisions. Finally they will have had experience at creating internal communications vehicles, have lead global communications strategy targeted towards the various stakeholder and have built a team of project management and communications specialist's capable working at internet-speed. The ideal candidate will have the experience to influence and support the global operations community and to work with broad stakeholder groups from across all levels of the organization.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- BA/BS degree from accredited university or 2+ years of Amazon experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience in project management and facilitation of large cross-functional teams
- Experience in Microsoft Project, Excel, and Visio
- Skilled in PMO Management tools
- Knowledge of project management methodologies such as PMM, Six Sigma and iterative methodologies (such as Agile)
- The ability to travel 20% a month
- Technical (Math, Engineering, Science, Business) Master's Degree from an accredited university
- 3+ years of direct management experience.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
- Consulting experience a plus
- Experience working in Global team environment with multiple time zones
- Experience with IT organization design and management techniques (ITIL, ITSM)
- Exceptional organizational, planning and prioritization skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top