Sr. Program Manager, Planning
- Redmond, WA
Amazon Worldwide Operations is looking for Program Managers with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to own strategic, tactical, cross-functional and technology projects and programs within Amazon Logistics (AMZL). These roles require scoping and creating project plans, developing processes, coordinating and driving execution, and communicating to senior management on status, risks and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
• Manage full lifecycle of complex cross-functional programs with considerable impact across multiple organizations
• Development of the overall program strategy, tactically driving teams in and outside of your organization to deliver
• Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics
• Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
• Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
• Partner with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
• Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.)
• Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
• Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
• Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects
• Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
• Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
• Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
• Bachelor's degree in supply chain, engineering, operations research, business analytic, or a related field.
• 5+ years supply chain, logistics management, e-commerce and/or project management experience
• Ability to prepare, report and interpret large sets of data
• Proficiency in Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps) and SQL
• Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one may be required to create a narrative outlining weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum.
• Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
• Experience working with IT professionals and process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
• 5+ years professional experience (in transportation, network design or e-commerce)
• Master's degree in supply chain, engineering, operations research, business analytic fields.
• Demonstrated knowledge and usage of additional software development tools and techniques.
• Significant work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce.
• Experience of Six Sigma/ Lean analytical techniques
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top