Amazon processes billions of secure on-line transactions via a number of payment mechanisms and is known across the globe as the most trusted company on the Internet. As stewards of Amazon's "cash register" the Payments Business Operations team is committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience for both external and internal customers. We are a 100 person and growing operations teams supporting over 20 payment methods around the globe.
The Program Manager for Operational Excellence will play a lead role in ensuring new payments launches meet our operational excellence bar. You will be responsible for conceiving and implementing a program to evaluate new launches and set up an accountability program that tracks open items post-launch.
As Program Manager, Operational Excellence, you will:
• Implement and lead a program to manage the increase of new- launch technical debt arising from payments launches
• Implement and launch an evaluation and consultation program to help launch teams assess the operational impact of their designs and make adjustments as necessary
• Act as the voice of the internal customer and work with engineering and product teams to prioritize, scope and rollout additional features
• Consult and guide business teams and influence trade-offs and high judgement decisions for new launches
• Bachelor's Degree required
• 7+ years of experience in program management, project management, building processes
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
• Experience managing external relationships
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A passion for developing best in class customer experience
• Strong bias for action, with willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done
• An analytical approach to measuring/optimizing performance
• Ability to influence peers and stakeholders at all levels
• Highly tech-literate, with ability to learn new systems quickly
• Comfortable with ambiguity and able to manage multiple priorities
• Understanding knowledge of ecommerce, technology, payments and or customer service operations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.