Sr. Program Manager, Packaging
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments. We are seeking a highly motivated Sr. Program Manager to join our COVID-19 testing team. This role focuses on leading the roadmap to develop and implement cutting-edge packaging solutions to move test kits safely and compliantly while continuously inventing and simplifying to reduce complexity, cycle times, and costs.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with a track record of working across multiple teams to quickly bring complex projects to completion. The successful candidate will also have strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent project management skills, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• Establishing metrics and mechanisms to collect feedback on existing packaging, devising ways to continuously improve
• Monitoring network-wide packaging compliance and solving for root cause when defects persist
• Leading requirements gathering across multiple stakeholder teams for packaging types to support new testing models
• Prioritizing the team's packaging development roadmap and employing change management acumen to ensure the success of new packaging/processes/automation tools implemented across the org
• Collaborating with vendors to identify packaging solutions that meet program requirements and overseeing qualifications of new packaging solutions
• Participating in user testing to optimize solutions
• Regular reporting to leadership
• 5+ years in program management or product development is required.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Advanced proficiency with Excel.
• Exceptional written and oral communication abilities.
• Strong stakeholder management skills.
• Experience implementing change management in organizations.
• Ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering
• Experience in packaging design or pharmaceutical/medical industry
Back to top