Sr. Program Manager - Metadata Taxonomy
- Austin, TX
Are you someone who cares about customer experience, and wants to be able to see the impact of your programs on customers? Can you envision a time when you think of something and it's appears right in front of you? Do you think we can bring the same magic to our customers? Then we're looking for you!
Amazon revolutionized customer service, now we are changing what customers expect from technical support. We're responsible for the Customer Service operations and solutions for all Amazon Devices and Digital properties, from the Kindle and Echo, to Amazon Music, Prime Video and Alexa.
As a Program Manager (Metadata), you will be part of the team that is responsible for enabling the best content experience for our customers. In this role, you will define and execute product roadmaps to deliver innovative solutions that enable our customers to self-resolve support issues.
You will enable content teams to annotate content topics and support expansion of metadata taxonomy across the entire customer service organization. In this role, you develop solutions that will create auto generated metatags, parallelizing the effort to focus on strategic efforts to expand the metadata taxonomy and develop governance and continuous improvement models.
You should be good at using data and digging out opportunities for improving customer experience. You should also be comfortable in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment, with the ability to drive the program's roadmap, collaborate with operation and product teams across the company to analyze the cost/benefit of projects, manage all aspects of execution, drive continuously improvement, and build program mechanism along the way.
The candidate must possess excellent analytical skills and a track record of delivering projects in a complex and ambiguous environment. Being able to demonstrate collaboration across multiple levels of the business is a fundamental skill. This role will require you to work with the multiple teams supporting your vision, ensuring they have the correct understanding and are bought into the vision, and that they're empowered to work autonomously on their responsibilities.
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
• Develop content metadata standards, hierarchies and controlled vocabularies that provides access to content solutions, power search and personalization features.
• Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies.
• Define the data elements and data structure that our team should leverage to enable analytical and reporting capabilities.
• Design and influence operational best practices for reporting and analytics to enable the team to scale as we grow presence in new and existing territories.
• Work with engineering and the data warehouse to enable the appropriate capture and storage of key data points.
• Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
Success in this role looks like:
• Ability to define, measure and product success metrics.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and achieve goals autonomously and at a swift pace
• Ability to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get things done and deliver results.
• Excellent judgment, bias for action and ability to make decisions autonomously
• Impeccable attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Strong desire to learn and comfortable navigating ambiguity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 5+ years of cross-functional product or business analyst experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
• 3+ years of relevant experience in Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and analytical platforms
• Bachelor's degree in business, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Math, Finance, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years' experience developing content metadata standards, hierarchies and controlled vocabularies that provides access to content solutions, power search and personalization features.
• 3+ years' experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau.
• 5+ years' working experience with interoperability standards including SKOS (Simple Knowledge Organization System), RDF (Resource Description Framework), and OWL (Web Ontology Language)
• MBA or advance degree in an equivalent field
• Experience in building customer centric products.
• Knowledge of Content Management systems and localization process.
• Shell scripting, such as Bash and/or PowerShell.
• Familiarity with AWS services, such as CodeCommit, Lambda, S3, EC2.
• Data-driven decision-making and quantitative analysis skills, including deep knowledge of statistical analysis, Excel, SQL, and/or other analytical techniques
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills, A/B test, statistics
• Experience of driving long term strategy from ideation to implementation
• Comfortable working in a diverse group and contributing to an inclusive culture
• Experience working with Machine Learning
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top