Sr. Program Manager, Merchandising- Physical Stores Grocery
- Seattle, WA
The Physical Stores Grocery team is looking for an exceptionally motivated and talented Senior Program Manager of Merchandising based in Seattle to join the merchandising team. This role will be responsible for providing business requirements, feedback, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on new products and merchandising software feature enhancements, in direct partnership with Planogram Tech and Product Managers. You will represents the Merchandising team's interest, and must speak on their behalf for prioritization of future feature enhancements, tool changes, and requirements via the Tech roadmap.
The ideal candidate will have strong program management expertise, customer experience intuition, business and product sense combined with solid understanding of technical concepts. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. High judgment, ability to influence, analytical talent, exceptional communications, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Provide business requirements, feedback, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on new products and merchandising software feature enhancements, in direct partnership with Planogram Tech and Product Managers.
• Identify and implement process improvements and opportunities for innovation and simplification in our merchandising plan
• Act as the 'business owner', possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business.
• Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines.
• Responsible for conducting training for the Merchandising team to ensure users are up to speed, and capable of utilizing new tools and tech enhancements as they are rolled.
• Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed goals. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and be excited to join an ambitious team.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
• 5+ years experience in program or project management
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience in merchandising, space optimization, and/or store planning.
• JDA/Blue Yonder competencies
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience in marketing or customer experience roles requiring data analysis, process improvements, creative problem solving, and cross-functional collaboration
• Experience in business roles requiring data analysis, process improvements, creative problem solving, and cross-functional collaboration.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Proficiency in Excel.
• Passionate and knowledgeable about customer behavior.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Familiarity with databases and SQL.
• Ability to analyze data quantitatively and use customer research, data and metrics to back up assumptions, identify opportunities, and assess the efficacy of merchandising programs.
• Experience creating and/or improving operational processes across teams/stakeholders
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
• Comfortable with a varied set of software and editing tools. Ability to learn new tools quickly
Back to top