Sr Program Manager, Global Tech Learning & Development
Amazon has grown over the past 20+ years to be the world's largest online retailer due its ability to innovate on behalf of our customers. Amazon's Worldwide Technology Deployment and Field Support team leads technology innovation and transformation in our operations globally and we are looking for a creative, talented, analytical, and driven leader for our Leadership Development programs. We are looking for a Senior Program Manager with a strong delivery record and proven Leadership Development program management experience to define and drive innovative global scale development, training and onboarding programs.
This Sr Program Manager will develop and lead a team of Analysts, Instructional Designers, and Program Managers to define, deliver, and manage global scale L&D programs. Key programs include Career Path, Onboarding, Management Training, and Technical Skill Training. will assess challenges and build performance solutions, lead the development of training best practices and standards, enable solution implementation across the Amazon Business network, and drive execution of solutions within operations. This leader will be responsible for improving new hire performance results, internal promotion rates, retention rates, and program adoption. They will work with multiple stakeholders in Information Technology, Field Support, Robotics, Deployment Engineering, and others to develop consistent messaging for base-level knowledge relevant to the entire org, and also create specialized content tailored to specific roles and levels. This leader will also be responsible for developing and reporting key program metrics for the organization.
In this role you will;
- Manage, lead, and build a high quality L&D team.
- Partner with internal customers to understand learning objectives and establish and document learning requirements.
- Own and improve current learning and development programs, always with an eye on measureable enhancements.
- Build scalable processes for consumption and delivery of training that is user friendly and highly adopted.
- Use assessments to improve trainee experience in both classroom and eLearning environments.
- Facilitate effective learning review meetings with internal stakeholders. Develop understanding of key business drivers and ensure reporting on learning captures key input and output metrics
- Work cross functionally with Information Technology, Field Support, Deployment Engineering, and Robotics teams.
- Identify new technologies that enhance learner experience and knowledge retention.
- A completed Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years' experience in a project, program, or product leadership role; Learning and development focus strongly preferred
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills. Capable of executive reporting.
- Strong coaching, development, and leadership skills
- Experience formulating and implementing training/performance improvement strategies, methodologies, and procedures for standardization and delivery throughout the organization
- Strong analytic and statistical analysis skills to measure and improve programs.
- Project-management experience in a matrix organization
- Experience with process improvement and change management
- A completed Master's degree from an accredited university, preferably in the field of Corporate Training & Development or Adult Education or Certification from ATD (CPLP or similar)
- 7+ years of experience in the learning and development field
- 5+ years of experience working in a large, decentralized global organization, preferably in a learning & development capacity
- Experience with learning management systems
- Experience with designing, developing and implementing blended learning solutions
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing global training programs--including considerations for localization and translation needs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top